I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

New streaming from Ryan Adams: "Hello Gracie"

Those who followed the link yesterday to the Ryan Adams site were treated with not another rap, but instead a lovely new song from Ryan called "Hello Gracie." The guitar melody in this reminds me of another song that I've been listening to lately and I can't put my finger on it. Any ideas?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this tune is the first "serious" effort streaming on his site since "Lovely and Blue" (aka "France") back in August (dozens of country song snippets with hilarious titles and 'look who got a website' notwithstanding):

Hello Gracie - Ryan Adams


(Thanks Kyle! Photo credit Mark Seliger)
*Noted that the song is about his dog Gracie, who Parker Posey got "custody" of after their split.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At November 07, 2006 11:02 AM, Blogger -tom said...

Did you hear the cover Bob Dylan's You're a Big Girl Now from last week ? I posted it on Friday the link is yousendit but should still be good

 
At November 07, 2006 12:35 PM, Blogger David said...

I like the "Come Pick Me Up" beats on the second click-in.

That sucks that Parker Posey won't let him see the dog and goes around talking smack about him.

Then his birthday blog post!

Man, I think DRA needs a hug.

 
At November 07, 2006 2:13 PM, Blogger Ledbelly said...

ryan adams need to releaase records, more, more more more. not that i dont have every bootleg, ep, vinal and ect that one could get. i've tracked them all down. but some on, where's the new record? anywhom, i hope the quality on that recording is good, i used Audio Hijack Pro, and i've never used it before. It comes out of my stero a little funny, but i mean, its free right? not too big of a deal. and whats with you not plugging me on that one? oh my.. any who, keep up the good work!

 
At November 07, 2006 2:51 PM, Blogger Ledbelly said...

right you are, my mistake.

 
At November 07, 2006 5:17 PM, Blogger Ray said...

First thing that came ot mind was Pretty Persuasion by REM

 
At November 08, 2006 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It definetly reminds me of something too. I think it's similiar to "Nuclear" off of Demolition.

 
At November 11, 2006 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the dog was always parker's.

 
At November 11, 2006 4:31 PM, Blogger heather said...

I love that you know that, anonymous. I guess he misses Gracie anyways . . .

:)

 
At November 14, 2006 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only kow that because I was actually at her apartment when Parker was house training Gracie.

 
At November 14, 2006 9:31 PM, Blogger heather said...

Every time I ever picture anything related to Parker, I think of her dressed as a senior ("seniors! seniors! S-E-N-I-O-R-S!"), hazing the incoming freshmen with ketchup and mustard. I hope she didn't do that to Gracie.

Oh wait, that was a movie.

Thanks for the trivia.

 
At May 17, 2007 2:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought Gracie was ryan's??
i saw gracie's name on his "Gold" thak you notes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter