I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Mixmasters please report to the dance floor

You love it? You hate it? Pitchfork says it is a blatant publicity stunt (but hey, they can't spell "blatant" so I don't know if I trust them), Rolling Stone calls Adams a freestyle rap prodigy, and Stereogum just wants Ryan to come back and leave some rambling comments on their site.

Check out the new rap that's streaming on the recently redone Tron-tastic Ryan-Adams.com. I absolutely enjoyed the laugh it gave me, and think it shows a brilliant sense of self-effacing humor. Come on people, lighten up!

Look Who Got A Website - MC Ryan McFresh (aka Ryan Adams)

Ryan recently wrote on a fan message board about his time in the studio & his recently achieved sobriety, and ends with this note:

"i also am stoked that at least one or two songs a record have some rap.
i am really bad at rap.
its awesome."

Update 9/29: Rap II
Drunk Santa - Funky Ryan DeeLyte
(oh, and he rapped in Manchester last night. Live. At least he knows he's bad at it!)

Labels:

13 Comments:

At September 28, 2006 8:17 PM, Blogger Trellick Tower said...

Not bad! To me it sounds like Ryan has been listening to the Dismemberment Plan!

 
At September 28, 2006 8:58 PM, Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

updated by witches...wit..wit..witches

 
At September 28, 2006 9:38 PM, Blogger c said...

holy OMG - the witches part at about 2:30 in has me in hysterics. frickin' hystercal. what a slutty crackhead. ((kidding!))

 
At September 29, 2006 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the reason I want my home internet connection back, right there.

I just ordered the M Ward album this morning, btw.x

 
At September 29, 2006 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, did you see last night's setlist?
not only did Ryan rap they covered Dio's Holy Diver and Billy Ocean's Carribean Queen too.
too funny
-tom

 
At September 29, 2006 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was so awesome ;)

 
At September 29, 2006 9:53 AM, Blogger Stephen Kuykendall said...

That is the coolest stuff ever.

 
At September 29, 2006 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he (or, in fact, the entire band) rapped in cambridge the other night too, and i really hope someone posts an mp3 of it somewhere.

~rx

 
At September 29, 2006 11:47 AM, Blogger wakeboarder69 said...

Ryan is so great, I don't care that so many people say they can't stand him. I 'get' him completely. -Erik

 
At September 29, 2006 3:46 PM, Blogger Dainon. said...

I like him, but this whole rap business is a bunch 'o bunk.

 
At September 30, 2006 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

H

He did rap at Manchester, but the set list you posted was a spoof. The proper set list was:

Magnolia Mountain
Tears Of Gold
Please Do Not Let Me Go
A Kiss Before I Go
Let It Ride
Goodnight Rose->
To Be Young
Stella Blue
Cold Roses->
Bartering Lines
Beautiful Sorta
Blue Hotel
DJ Reggie Rap"Why Don't They Play All The Hits?"
What Sin->
29->
Trains
Dear John
Nightbirds
Shakedown->
Caribean Queen (Billy Ocean cover!)
Holy Diver (Dio cover !!)
The End->
I See Monsters (slow then rocking)

Chris Tottington near Manchester

 
At October 01, 2006 12:31 AM, Blogger Mike said...

it's so bad it's good. I had to play it on my radio show this week :)

man I want to hear the billy ocean cover.

feist coming to you tomorrow.

 
At October 01, 2006 6:26 PM, Blogger D. said...

Pitchfork can't spell a LOT of things. Tastemakers my ass!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter