I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New contest :: Calexico's moustache hat poster

Insound is partnering with Fuel/Friends to offer a sweet limited-edition Calexico poster designed by the fearsome Jason Munn of Small Stakes in San Francisco. If you are a fan of the burnished southwestern wilderness in Calexico's music, moustaches, or excellent poster design, this is the contest for you. Enter to win here, and the lucky reader will be announced next Tuesday.

There's a whole series of posters and hoodies Munn's designed for artists like The Hold Steady, The National, Okkervil River and Grizzly Bear. It's part of the Insound 20 project to benefit 826NYC, and I like the clean and direct graphic punch of the entire collection.


Some of my favorite Calexico sounds:
Always On My Mind - Calexico with Iron & Wine (live on NPR)
Banderilla - Calexico (from the Sprout soundtrack)
Two Silver Trees - Calexico (from the newest release, Carried To Dust)

Good luck!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At October 21, 2008 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Links to Insound and the contest aren't working.

 
At October 21, 2008 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. I take it back. Working now :)

 
At October 21, 2008 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

concert posters are an obsession of mine!! I love them and collect them. I would LOVE to win. Thanks for this awesome opportunity.

 
At October 21, 2008 1:58 PM, Blogger heather said...

lindsay, did you click on the link to enter on the insound site?

 
At October 21, 2008 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually have one of his posters, for Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, and he must have a very distinctive style because that's the first thing I thought of when I saw that design. Very simple but evocative designs.

 
At October 21, 2008 10:26 PM, Blogger Payo said...

I have this poster and it is BTCHIN'

 
At November 03, 2008 1:07 PM, Blogger joyofsoy said...

hi, i can't find the results of this contest, are they posted somewhere?

 
At November 03, 2008 1:30 PM, Blogger heather said...

Congratulations to winner John Smelt! Insound will be in touch, John, with your poster!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter