I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, January 18, 2008

Two sides of a delightful coin

So first I found this photo of the man who I always say could make me laugh reading the back of my cereal box to me:



. . .and THEN my cousin Heidi in Southern California goes ahead and sends me THIS bit of fantasticness (with commentary):

"Thoughtful Lance. Mirthful Lance. Two sides of a delightful coin."

"I wanted a shot like this for my wedding. The Mrs. said no."

"Olan Mills backdrop #4: Bucolic Meadow with Split Rail Fence.
Is that an animal carcass behind her?"


See the rest here.

OH! And also see this if you like laughing at the misfortunes of others. And really, who doesn't.

So don't pretend you don't have a whole collection of these Olan Mills bad boys to add to the bunch. I know I do. There's one with me in a bowl-cut hairdo and a plaid dress with a lace collar, and the unfortunate 7th grade school portrait in color-blocked rayon. Sigh.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At January 18, 2008 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't decide if Olan Mills is an important element of American pop(ish) culture. Or a symbol of much that is wrong with American consumerism and narcissitude.

Or something else. Man, this wine is good.

 
At January 18, 2008 5:45 PM, Blogger jeffro said...

Dude, those are hilarious! Yeah, many a time I was I was forced to wear a velour shirt and dragged to the Olan Mills factory for family pictures...

 
At January 18, 2008 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in tears !!! Very funny captions to go along with very funny photos.

 
At January 19, 2008 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will Ferrell is brilliant! Olan Mills is like the long-ago spit out gum of photography. Very funny album covers too!

Heather, I really appreciate your blog! Always a great read!!!!

 
At January 22, 2008 8:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for the laugh on this cold colorado morning. i am late to getting to the blog (but enjoying going through the postings i missed), because i just returned from a 2 week vacay in sunny FLA.

The "See the others" album covers were hilarious! the braillettes now that is just beautifully disturbing!

 
At January 23, 2008 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face and laughter to my heart.
Even more, thanks for making me relive my childhood nightmares of photos at Olan Mills.

 
At May 30, 2008 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a link that combines Olan Mills and terrible album covers:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26670161@N04/2534353551/in/photostream/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter