I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, December 14, 2007

If I invite Chris Kattan to my Christmas party, will he do that motion with his head?

Just watching Chris Kattan's straight face while he plays the important role in this SNL Christmas song performance of 1) holding the keyboard and 2) turning his head back and forth makes me bust up laughing. My friend swears that this song must be the inspiration for Josh Rouse's "Hollywood Bass Player" tune (although I say Rouse's is clearly the better), and he says whenever he puts on the new Country Mouse City House album, he wants to do "the Kattan."

And by the way -- what, exactly, is Tracy Morgan's function in this song? Jogging and gesturing? That is so awesome.


[direct link]

SNL Christmas Song (Christmas Time Is Heee-ere) - Jimmy Fallon, Horatio Sanz, Chris Kattan & Tracy Morgan

And for those of you who have asked, I am indeed putting together a Fuel/Friends 2007 Christmas mix. Just hold your one-horse open sleighs - that's coming soon.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At December 14, 2007 5:16 PM, Blogger Sally Jo Who said...

As soon as I read the title of your entry on my google feeds page, I knew exactly the kind of motion you were talking about! I remember seeing that episode when it actually aired... (although I can't remember when that was) thanks for bringing it up!

 
At December 15, 2007 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be too pushy but are you also putting together your best of 2007 list together? I am getting tired of reading the pretentious lists from other bloggers and have just decided to wait for your list.

 
At December 16, 2007 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this! These four guys saved SNL for a few years.

Happy Holidays!

 
At December 16, 2007 3:29 PM, Blogger Robert Cass said...

I think Morgan's job in this song/sketch is to imitate the main facial expression of Roland Gift of Fine Young Cannibals. He's giving us the gift of Gift!

 
At December 17, 2007 8:38 AM, Blogger Otto said...

I had a similar response to this (caught it on the rerun special the other night) which was to laugh like a fool for several minutes. Don't know why it struck me the way it did, but needed the laugh...

D.

 
At December 18, 2007 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giggle Heather!

Happy Holidays!

 
At December 19, 2007 8:28 PM, Blogger Matt said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At December 22, 2008 2:13 PM, Blogger youngbroose said...

Would love to have that mp3 re-upped to play christmas day. any chance you still have it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter