I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving trio of tunes

Happy Thanksgiving, kids. I do miss being pleasantly busy in my own kitchen all day today; it's just been the last two years that I've ever first attempted to make my own turkey feast, and both years the big ole bird turned out really well with my fancy/creepy butter spice rub under-the-skin technique. I thoroughly enjoy the whole massive domestic culinary endeavor.

This year I'll be an accessory in someone else's kitchen, helping out where I can. Let the working and eating and thanking begin, and may all of you who are celebrating enjoy the day as well. I started reading Fools Rush In on the plane yesterday; good fodder for perspective.

Thank You (with Robert Plant) - Pearl Jam (10/5/05)
It's Cool To Love Your Family - Feist
Thanksgiving Song - Adam Sandler

10 Comments:

At November 22, 2007 9:38 AM, Blogger productofgrunge said...

Not that us over here in the UK celebrate Thanksgiving.. BUT.. Happy Thanksgiving Heather!!Have a good one ;)

 
At November 22, 2007 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the tracks :)

can't approve of the animal consumption though :(

 
At November 22, 2007 2:13 PM, Blogger carterbham said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Heather.

I'm thankful for all the great music you've introduced to me.

thank you

 
At November 22, 2007 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy thanksgiving to you Heather!
Adam Sandler singing? hmm..

 
At November 22, 2007 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

killing animals makes you a monster.

 
At November 23, 2007 12:49 AM, Blogger Mike Shadow said...

Fantastiche!! Loving the Thank You track.

(p.s. screw the anonymous obsessives – kinda sad when an obsession blurs your ability to be grateful for the good stuff. Keep rockin')

 
At November 23, 2007 1:26 AM, Blogger productofgrunge said...

A wise man once said "meat is murder, but a steak tastes damn good!!".. Or maybe it was just me??

 
At November 23, 2007 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope its stuffed turkey!

Happy thanks giving!
We don't celebrate it here in Portugal. Different countries different cultures.

Enjoy yourself!

 
At November 23, 2007 9:42 AM, Blogger Soy Efe said...

We don't celebrete thanksgiven day here in Argentina, btw...Happy thanksgiving to you Heather!

 
At November 27, 2007 12:50 PM, Blogger Zack Newcott said...

Well, I for one am from America and am a big fan of Thanksgiving. Great tracks, I definitely approve of the Adam Sandler. Way to usher in the holiday season! Everyone needs to join my Christmas Gift Exchange!

http://www.elfster.com/santa/ExcOccEdit.aspx?eoid=604088

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter