I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bravely maintaining the counter-culture aesthetic

VIDEO: THE HIPSTER OLYMPICS


This was a new diversion for me this afternoon, thanks to my equally-bored-at-work sister. Hard to say which made me laugh harder: the "spontaneous, yet well-composed" (ideally from the point of view of an anonymous, third-party photographer) MySpace profile photo contest, or the Music Collection Brag-A-Thon, where it's a neck and neck race to pick the band you liked before they sold out and got popular. Divine.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 13, 2007 7:10 PM, Blogger John Larsen said...

I think I know those guys.

Great post :D Love it.

 
At September 14, 2007 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I especially like the 'who can make an ordinary guy feel inferior first' contest.

For a whole season of hipster antics, try the Internet sitcom, The Burg.

Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter