I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Exclusive first listen to new Matt Costa

Like a sno-cone on a hot afternoon, I've got a sweet treat for you today kids - Fuel/Friends is pleased to host an exclusive first listen of the brand new Matt Costa.

I've written before about this earnest 25-year-old singer/songwriter from California, and this autumn will bring us Unfamiliar Faces, his dang catchy follow-up album to 2005's Songs We Sing. If you thought you had his sound pegged . . . think again. This new stuff blows the old out of the water (and I like the old stuff).

This is just a short clip, but I think you'll like the taste:



Unfamiliar Faces is out October 2nd on Brushfire Records and it is absolutely delightful, showing both a depth and a playfulness from Costa. Although he's always been an amiable listen, this album brings both a greater musical inventiveness and maturity to his sound.

I've been listening to it all day and have no intentions of stopping anytime soon.

TRACKLISTING: Unfamiliar Faces
Mr. Pitiful (that's the toe-tapping song in the video)
Lilacs
Never Looking Back
Emergency Call
Vienna
Unfamiliar Faces
Cigarette Eyes
Downfall
Trying To Lose My Mind
Bound
Heart Of Stone
Miss Magnolia

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At August 10, 2007 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

matt will be performing on the kfog morning show tomorrow (friday), live from the pyramid brewing company in walnut creek. free show/broadcast. 6am to 10am.

 
At August 10, 2007 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoops. make that another MATT ----- NATHANSON!

 
At August 10, 2007 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Love this! So catchy. Thanks, I've been waiting to hear anything from this new album, and you never let me down.

 
At August 10, 2007 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how you already got the album, but I hate you, that much I AM sure of.

 
At August 10, 2007 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brandon took the words right out of my mouth.

 
At August 10, 2007 11:47 AM, Blogger andy grabia said...

That's a great little tune. Looking forward to the new album. Off topic, but have you heard the new Teddy Thompson album yet, Heather? It's fantastic. A whole album of country covers. It's got a real Dwight Yoakam/Chris Isaak sound to it. Super duper delicious. I highly recommend!

 
At August 10, 2007 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds insanely lovely!!!

 
At August 10, 2007 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOOO!!! I am sooo excited! Me and my ipod can't wait! So happy that Miss Magnolia made it on this one!! There's isn't a Matt Costa song I don't like! : D

 
At August 10, 2007 8:42 PM, Blogger Sue B said...

Nice cut, Matt. Looking forward to the new CD coming out soon!

Cheers,
Sue in Boston

 
At August 12, 2007 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Only The World knew what it had in Matt Costa there would be a celebration!!!

 
At August 19, 2007 10:13 PM, Blogger Trini said...

I was just saying the same thing, how do you do it, getting your hands on the album?? Lucky girl. I'll wait patiently.

 
At August 22, 2007 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard about four songs off this new album, and can I say, they all rock. ESPECIALLY Vienna. I can't stop listening to it (If you guys haven't heard it yet, there's a live preformance of it on AOL, that's where I listen to it). And I'm also wondering how anyone got their hands on this album...
THE COSTA MAN RULES!!!!!!
Can't WAIT. The album comes out exactly a month before my birthday...I'll think of it as a month-early bday present:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter