I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Monday, December 11, 2006

Two things that made me laugh today

1. Stereogum (guilty pleasure) has opened the polls for their annual Gummy Awards. You can vote for the standard album of the year business, as well as fun things like indie male rock hottie (I had a hard time with that because most of those indie boy rockers are pale and bespectacled and introspective or 12 and that's not really my thing. I remembered Trent after I submitted my ballot - can I vote again?) and indie female rock hottie (I went with the one who taught them all how to do it - Kim Gordon).

However, the very best question is the drop down menu where you get to vote for how many albums Ryan Adams should release this year. Stereogum and Ryan should just get a room and end this silly flirting.


2. Matt Costa shows up at the Spinner studios to play some tunes, and takes a little pre-show nap on the floor of their conference room (after a long night with "Jack D. and Jim B."). The staff sneaks several pictures, which makes me laugh.

Lullaby - Jack Johnson & Matt Costa
(I wonder if he hears that sweet harmony in his head as he drifts off)


He appears to be a pretty sound sleeper, judging by the variety of pictures posted on their site. Now if only the AOL Music staff had chiefed him, that would have been perfect.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 11, 2006 9:07 PM, Blogger Are We There Yet? said...

Oh man I love em pale, bespectacled, introspective and... okay not 12.., but 22 wouldn't be horrible.

 
At December 12, 2006 8:41 AM, Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

i was at a bit of a quandry as to who to vote for (or even if i should vote) for male hottie on the gummys. for female i chose jenny lewis of course so for guy i picked sufjan. i feel a little gay now.s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter