I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Yorn joins the Swedish Invasion

I find this cover toe-tappingly good ("Everyone keeps asking me if this is my song, so I decided that I have to play it," Yorn says) -- and coincidental, considering that the first time I remember enjoying the original song was at an intermission before Pete Yorn took the stage in Denver. Thanks to Stereogum for the cover from two nights ago, and to You Ain't No Picasso for digging up the video:

Young Folks (Peter, Bjorn, and John cover) - Pete Yorn
Live at the Bottle & Cork, Dewey Beach, DE 7/29/07



Now if only we frickin knew who is duetting with him on "Shampoo", I'd be one completely satisfied girl.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At August 01, 2007 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People in my parts lovingly refer to it as the "whistle song". :) Love it...

 
At August 02, 2007 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw pete in allentown last wednesday and i'm pretty sure he was reading the lyrics from a podium as he sang hahaha i think he also shared with us that he couldn't whistle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter