I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Monday, April 30, 2007

Two "new" ones from Ray LaMontagne, and Jake Troth EP news

Hey kids, I am working on the Monday Music Roundup, but til then, here's some good stuff:

I reupped that new Ray LaMontagne song from the Beacon in December. Thanks to reader Eric, who was there, here is a better version than what I posted before.

You Are The Best Thing That's Ever Happened To Me - Ray LaMontagne

And while I'm at it, here's a fresh mp3 I ripped from his Austin City Limits performance of "Heaven Is A Honky Tonk," which he wrote about his personal heroes like Johnny Cash and Townes Van Zandt:

Heaven Is A Honky Tonk - Ray LaMontagne

This version above is a more sedate, refined rendition appropriate for the classiness of the ACL setting. I prefer the raucous, soul-reviving live version from January 2005, but the audio quality on that is not as clear and warm, so this makes for some good listening.


Also, an update on Jake Troth, the musician I raved about recently: his EP The Ups and Downs of Being at the Bottom is just now completed -- written, recorded, screen printed, and copied by Jake himself. They're available for a mere $10 by emailing Jake or contacting him through MySpace. Props to Bruce for also picking up on this and giving Jake's music some well-deserved love.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At April 30, 2007 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was resistant to Ray Lamontagne the first time I was introduced to him. Classic contrarian.

He completely disarms me, eases my mind and heart just a little bit more than before. He sings about things that I don't dare to think out loud about. Your earlier posts on Ray was greatly appreciated.

 
At April 30, 2007 6:08 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Ray Lamontagne was in Toronto last year but I couldn't go. I regret it still.

 
At May 03, 2007 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't get to the files :-(

 
At May 03, 2007 8:52 AM, Blogger heather said...

The files are still there - and they both work for me!

 
At May 05, 2007 9:04 AM, Blogger jkand said...

how can I download you're the best thing... to my computer?? I want to put it on a CD etc.g

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter