I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, April 13, 2007

New tour dates with The Damnwells

I am half-wishing I had a reason to be in Phoenix tonight for the premiere of The Damnwells new movie Golden Days, and also for their late night concert which is buzzed to be an hours-long, energetic affair in the works.

They've announced a string of tour dates (hurrah!), but not in Colorado yet (boo). We've established my budding love for them and I can't wait to catch them live . . . someday.

May 10 - The Triple Door, Seattle, WA
May 11 - Berbatis Pan, Portland, OR
May 14 - Troubador, Los Angeles, CA
May 15 - The Casbah, San Diego, CA
May 16 - Plush, Tucson, AZ
May 18 - The Granada Theater, Dallas, TX
May 19 - The Parish, Austin, TX
May 22 - WorkPlay, Birmingham, AL
May 23 - Mercy Lounge, Nashville, TN
May 24 - Smiths Olde Bar, Atlanta, GA
May 25 - The Map Room, Charleston, SC
May 26 - Tremont Music Hall, Charlotte, NC
May 27 - Outer Banks Brewing Station, Kill Devil Hills, NC
May 29 - The Jewish Mother, Virginia Beach, VA
May 30 - The Birchmere, Alexandria, VA
May 31 - Gramercy Theatre, New York, NY
Jun 01 - Middle East (Downstairs), Cambridge, MA
Jun 02 - Iron Horse Music Hall, Northampton, MA
Jun 03 - Tin Angel, Philadelphia, PA
Jun 05 - Rex Theatre, Pittsburgh, PA
Jun 06 - House of Blues - Cambridge Room, Cleveland, OH
Jun 08 - Phoenix Hill Tavern, Louisville, KY
Jun 09 - Abbey Pub, Chicago, IL

MUST LISTEN:
I Am A Leaver (alternate stripped version) - The Damnwells
This will absolutely give you chills at the 1:42 mark...

Labels:

12 Comments:

At April 13, 2007 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heather do you know about this damnwells treaure trove..its link to their official board so its with their unsaid blessing
http://gilly.wakefieldgirls.net/thedamnwells.htm
they are a great band
all the best mick dillingham

 
At April 13, 2007 8:38 AM, Blogger heather said...

Sweet beard of Zeus, Mick! You just made my day.

THANK YOU!

 
At April 13, 2007 6:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been lurking (and leaching) here for a couple of months now, and figured that it was time to say hello and thanks. So, hello and thank you.

 
At April 13, 2007 8:29 PM, Blogger jeffro said...

sweet! they're coming back to the DC area!

 
At April 14, 2007 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather,

Respectfully, what Al said. I like them, this is very beautiful. Thank you. Your R.E.M. post was perfect.

 
At April 15, 2007 10:06 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Mercy Lounge here I come!!

 
At April 15, 2007 1:20 PM, Blogger J said...

Hey, Heather. Where'd you find this version of "I Am A Leaver"? It's fantastic! Was it on an EP or single of some sort?

 
At April 15, 2007 2:04 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

love is a mixtape is AMAZING. literally my favorite book. so beautiful. :)

 
At April 15, 2007 10:29 PM, Blogger heather said...

J, it was emailed by Alex (head Damnwell). I don't think it has ever been released. Awesome, isn't it?

 
At April 16, 2007 10:14 AM, Blogger JJ said...

Missed it by a couple of days...I'm heading down to Phoenix either tomorrow or Wednesday. Not sure that my wife would be cool with me skipping out on funeral duties to go see a movie...but I have only met her grandma a few times.

 
At April 16, 2007 7:49 PM, Blogger Greg said...

more importantly (sorry) Philly show is with Ari Hest!

 
At April 19, 2007 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All these dates are with the oh so fabulous and dreamy Ari Hest!

thanks so much for the link Mick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter