I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, March 30, 2007

Let's go and get tangled in (acoustic) chains of golden days

Thanks to a warm and prompt response to an email plea to Mr. Damnwell himself, Alex Dezen, I wanted to share this acoustic version of the undisputably wonderful song "Golden Days" with you guys.

This is the incarnation of the song that's used in the trailer for their movie of the same name (opening in a few short weeks at the Phoenix Film Festival). Alex writes, "I've always been kind of partial to this version too. P.S. Feel free burn, post and disseminate anyway you like. This music belongs to everyone."

Now that's a refreshing sentiment not heard nearly enough.

From the rich slowburn opening that takes its time easing in, this version stuns (but I still adore the original, in fact, the whole album):

Golden Days (acoustic) - The Damnwells

Labels:

4 Comments:

At March 30, 2007 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather you are a genius. I have been looking for this version ever since your post about the movie so you can imagine my excitement this morning when I found that you had posted it. Acoustic versions always have a long lasting resonation with me. Keep up the great work

 
At March 30, 2007 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I literally just listened to this song while doing some errands. I had it on my iPod forever, but finally got around to burning a CD for my truck. I'm looking forward the flim. Sounds fascinating.

 
At March 30, 2007 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great song. I don't know what else to say.

 
At April 01, 2007 12:05 PM, Blogger drewcif said...

amazing song, amazing version, criminally underappreciated band. that being said, did they really expect a record with nothing but radio/soundtrack ballads to do well?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter