I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Easy, tiger

Lookee - album art from Ryan Adams' forthcoming album Easy Tiger, due June 5 on Lost Highway:

Ryan's just announced a show on May 16th at the Ulster Performing Arts Center in Kingston, New York. Presale for the in-crowd starts tomorrow and you can get more info here. He's also doing a show 5/15 at the WXPN Mountain Stage Live fest in Glenside, PA and Stonehenge (yes, that one) on the day the album drops, June 5. Not even sure what to categorize that move as, but what a freaking venue.


As for the album art, I was kind of hoping for something more along these lines, but I suppose that handsome and effortlessly charming photo above will have to do. I wonder if that fatty computer watch is what he uses to record all that electronic website music and update his site, with the help of the witches. That timepiece is bitchin', circa 1985.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At March 29, 2007 8:28 PM, Blogger F.J. Delgado said...

That would indeed be a great cover.

I'm psyched for the new Ryan Adams... Cold Roses is one of my favorite records from the past couple years.

How great is it that he releases so many albums? Such a rarity these days.

 
At March 29, 2007 9:50 PM, Blogger Ledbelly said...

my only current disappointment is that the cd isn't gonna be with the Cardinals. but i'm sure it will be good.

 
At March 30, 2007 3:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed, ledbelly. Heather: latest mailout from Lost Highway suggests the release is being delayed until the 26th June. Foxy cover art, though...

 
At March 30, 2007 6:38 AM, Blogger -tom said...

Heather, I think I like your artwork suggestion better.

he's also playing the moe.down on
Labor Day weekend

http://www.moe.org/moedown/

The Eighth Annual moe.down will be held August 31, September 1 and 2 at the Snow Ridge Ski area in Turin, NY. moe.down is an annual party for moe. and its fans. The band will perform a total of six sets throughout the weekend. Early Bird Tickets go on sale at noon, Sunday April 1 for $80 through moe.ticketing.

There are a limited number of Early Bird Tickets. They will be on sale until they run out or June 1st, whichever comes first. A limited number of tickets will then be $95 until they are sold out or until August
12th. Tickets after that be $110.

In addition to moe., this year's performers include Ryan Adams, Medeski Scofield Martin & Wood, Amos Lee, Meat Puppets, Ryan Montbleau and The Brakes. More bands will be announced in the coming weeks.

 
At March 30, 2007 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so your mention of the calculator watch got me thinking back to grade school and how much I wanted a pac man watch with a little plastic joystick.

Kev

 
At March 30, 2007 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't f'n wait for this album to come out. I think he played a couple of these tunes at the NY Town Hall show I went to, and they sounded very promising. I wonder how long it's gonna take for the album to leak?

 
At March 30, 2007 2:09 PM, Blogger Yon said...

If we are lucky, he'll have a Cardinals Album out by August. After a year with out an Album, I'm sure he has more than a backlog...

These watches may have created his website.
http://ledwatchstop.com/store/led-unique-c-7.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter