I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, February 23, 2007

That Noel Gallagher track behind Ian Brown's "Keep What Ya Got"

Thanks to my astute listeners out there, now we know that not only does Noel Gallagher play lead guitar on the Ian Brown song "Keep What Ya Got" (which I love), but also that it is a re-working of a song that Noel wrote for the X-Files movie called "Teotihuacan."

Here's the atmospheric original:

Teotihuacan - Noel Gallagher


I just could not just leave Britney's bald dome staring out at all you Friday night visitors, hence the hasty post on my way out the door. Arrivederci!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At February 24, 2007 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The X-Files is my other obsession, after a couple of American singer-songwriters we might have spoken about in the past. When that Noel Gallagher track came up as the screen faded to black... it was delicious. The movie's soundtrack also features the single version of Foo Fighters' "Walking After You", which kicks the arse out of the original. Snagging this MP3 as my The X Files: The Album is at my mammy's ;)

 
At February 24, 2007 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, I guess I'll have to download that Ian Brown track now... (I glossed over that post as I find him an unbearable wanker. And yet adore Noel Gallagher. Go figure.)

 
At February 24, 2007 8:19 PM, Blogger JJ said...

have fun w/ pet yorn, lord knows i would have gone if i wasnt broke

 
At February 26, 2007 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't that X-Files movie soundtrack reallyu good? I used to have it, don't anymore. But I remember listening to it in my car alot.

I also particularly loved the Barenaked Ladies lyric in that one radio song they had, where he sings, "Watching X-Files with no lights on/something something something/I hope the Smoking Man's in this one." Man, that was my Sunday (right?) nights...

 
At March 01, 2007 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! Sounds great - think I recall that sampling pre-Keep What Ya Got when Browny's played it live..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter