I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, December 07, 2006

I love my Gramma

Some people's grandmothers are rotund and plump, sunny demeanored, aproned, bearing a tray full of fresh cookies.

My Gramma is awesome. She is an artist and English tutor who loves to write complaint letters and get free stuff, she raised 5 great children (including my dad), she often claims to be "happy as hell," and she engaged me in a frank conversation about birth control the last time I was visiting her with no embarassment whatsoever. She often makes me laugh out loud, like when she just sent me this email full of warm materfamilial advice that I can carry with me in my heart (about her highly unfortunate and painful case of shingles):

if anyone comes near me, they are dead. I am one mean cranky gramma.

And if anyone ever tells you that you have shingles, kill yourself instantly.


Right on. Thanks, Gramma!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 10, 2006 8:00 AM, Blogger c said...

yay for grannie. my grandma's a tough cookie, too. we're lucky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter