I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Feelin' a bit more Feisty

Today I was driving along listening to the new (excellent and enjoyable) soundtrack for the A Brokedown Melody surfing film (I know, with all this talk lately about surf films one might think I actually know how, but one would be so wrong). Track 3 is the Kings of Convenience song "Know How," and I was thinking about how much I enjoy their duets with Feist, when all of a sudden her uncredited and unmistakable voice chimes in, making me very happy with my psychic powers.

Know How (featuring Feist) - Kings of Convenience

I recommend the whole album; I've listened to the Vedder ditty about seven times obviously, and the diversity of laid-back melodies on there are top-notch.

Also, speaking of Feist, a remix of her song "Inside Out" will be featured on a new CD being offered by Urban Outfitter stores in conjunction with Filter Magazine to raise money for the fight against breast cancer. The Give.Listen.Help compilation will also feature folks like Wolfmother, Cat Power, Chris Walla and Thom Yorke, and all offerings look unique (remixes, live versions, etc) so you might want to check it out next time you are picking up a pair of $134 jeans or a tongue-in-cheek bit of urban hipsteria.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At November 14, 2006 10:22 PM, Blogger Julio Enriquez said...

did you ever pick up the whitest boy alive, it has the singer from kings of convenience ,Erlend Oye, and one of my favorite new releases of the year....

 
At November 15, 2006 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Move the Paren to the other side of the stream link. You have it on the left of the link, put it on the right.

 
At November 16, 2006 12:45 PM, Blogger lbc said...

Feist transforms that song from a little ditty to something deeper. I listen to it just to hear how she enters.

 
At November 16, 2006 2:52 PM, Blogger this beautiful mess said...

thanks for introducing me to Kings of Convenience! I've loved/listened to Feist quite a while now and it's great to hear her paired with this duo. They are great together. I know you've posted some of their stuff before and i'm not sure if you know this link, but check out http://www.kingsofconvenience.org/kocsessions.html for some live sessions of them performing together. Plus KoC cover Gatekeeper very nicely. Enjoy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter