I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Fun is getting smaller, people

I'd just like to take a moment to mourn the passing of the "Fun Size" candy bar as we know it.

With Halloween coming, we picked up two large bags of chocolate delicacies at Sam's Club last weekend, in preparation for the costumed masses that happily descend on our house in suburbia.

Now, I may (or may not) have opened said bag of candy in advance and behind closed doors, you know, just to sample the wares and make sure nothing is poisoned. I was shocked and chagrined to see that fun is apparently getting smaller, with Snickers and Milky Ways (and maybe more -- who knows how far this travesty has spread) now tinier than ever, mysteriously shrunken from the candy I remember by about 1/3. I thought I was crazy until my friend Jenn recently commented on the same abhorrence, reassuring me that I'm not completely nuts yet.

You don't just go around messing with Halloween history, M&M/Mars Co.! Is nothing SACRED anymore?

Little Things (acoustic) - Bush
(Heather hearts Gavin Rossdale)

I Want Candy (Kevin Shields remix) - Bow Wow Wow
(from that Marie Antoinette soundtrack you can enter to win here til Friday the 20th)

Labels:

9 Comments:

At October 17, 2006 5:19 PM, Blogger JMH said...

Have you seen a Chips Ahoy lately? Criminal.

 
At October 17, 2006 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather,

Great photo by the way! Very funny. But wow, I'm really shocked. I thought for sure a chick as cool as you would be one of those households that gave away the full size candy bars. C'mon darlin, go back to Sam's Club and buy a couple of boxes. You'll not only have my respect, but more importantly, the respect and admiration of your neighborhood's children. The tires of your car will never mysteriously go flat, your mailbox will never be damaged, and your windows will never shatter from flying footballs. Know what I'm sayin? It's worth the investment.

 
At October 17, 2006 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah. funny one there anonymous!

good posts heather. esp love the part where u waxed eloquently about the nature of music in everyday life.

 
At October 18, 2006 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, glad to see a piece of music I have sent to you a long time ago ... go on, your blog is always a pleasure ... by the way, got to see PJ in Vienna in Sept. - they were fuckin' great!

 
At October 18, 2006 7:12 AM, Blogger wwjblog said...

stop the violence! thats so sad. maybe hand out those weird little comics that scare people toward a relationship with me... or nickels.

 
At October 18, 2006 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather,

I saw Jeff Garlin on (i think) the Conan O'Brien show (could've been 'The Daily Show') talk about your exact concern... he came out, showed the tiny fun size candy bars they were supplying in the green room and what I remember was his punchline of "you put a few of these together, and there is a good time to be had!").

That is all... i enjoy your blog.

 
At October 18, 2006 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Made me think of "I Only Eat Candy" by Nerf Herder. But that´s probably not your cup of tea?

 
At October 18, 2006 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you blogs are getting shitter.

 
At October 22, 2006 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that Hashish, or ... dung!?

Or was this culled from a photo session of an open call for the remake of Midnight Express?

That's a double-entendre, for sure ;-)

From Hershey Lost Highway Records,

-rnrrenegade
(Measure for Measure)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter