I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Eddie Vedder & surfer Laird Hamilton on Iconoclasts this week

As previously mentioned here, this is the week that Ed Vedder will be featured in the Sundance Channel's show Iconoclasts, which pairs him with another "leading innovator in their field," surfer Laird Hamilton. The two will discuss their passions and share some waves.

PREVIEW (8 minutes) - nice placement of "Given To Fly" which just feels like a surfing song and a couple of songs from the new album, as well as Ed on uke:



I am still too cheap to have the Sundance Channel, but I have another surfing movie I can watch instead, thanks to Netflix.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At October 31, 2006 11:11 AM, Blogger c said...

I watched this whole episode over the weekend. Ed is so laid back and cool and Laird is total Type A. I like Ed better.

 
At October 31, 2006 11:47 PM, Blogger Eliza said...

I had a really hard time finding Shelter, and then I walked into a surf shop back home (orig. home) in Hermosa Beach, and noticed that they had some surf movies fo sale. When I mentioned the film, all of the clerks gathered and told me it was a store favorite, and they produced it from behind the counter like it was contraband.

 
At November 01, 2006 12:02 AM, Blogger Ledbelly said...

tooooooo short!

 
At November 01, 2006 7:31 AM, Blogger heather said...

Great story, Eliza. It's got a great soundtrack, which I am currently trying to rip....

 
At August 18, 2009 10:56 AM, Blogger aisforanxiety said...

Yeah, I caught this last night on Sky Arts 1 in the UK. Enjoyed it loads! Pardon my ignorance but I had no idea who Laird Hamilton was!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter