I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Another argument for that expanded $79.99 cable TV package

The Sundance Channel and Grey Goose Entertainment (I wasn't aware that Grey Goose offered entertainment other than their vodka) announced six of the pairings for this season of "Iconoclasts," their hour-long TV program (produced by Robert Redford) which pairs two "leading innovators" from different fields who come together to discuss their passions and creative processes. I've never seen the show, oh me of cheapie basic cable, but the idea sounds interesting.

Participants for Season Two are Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder and big-wave surfer Laird Hamilton; dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov and chef Alice Waters; filmmaker Quentin Tarantino and singer/songwriter Fiona Apple; actress Isabella Rossellini and inventor Dean Kamen; music great Paul Simon and producer Lorne Michaels; and comedian Dave Chappelle and poet Maya Angelou.

Broadcast schedule here, as well as excerpts from Season One (including the episode with Redford and my favorite Old-Guy-Who-Used-To-Be-Really-Really-Hot, Paul Newman).

Labels:

7 Comments:

At August 10, 2006 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tarantino and Fiona Apple? I'n on top of that.

 
At August 10, 2006 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuch, all bleeding heart liberalista's

 
At August 11, 2006 10:05 AM, Blogger c said...

is that pic of lance and vedder taken in hawaii?? ;)

iconoclasts last year had an episode with michael stipe and mario battalli and they went to see a u2 show. there was some serious fanboy dorkiness going on. here is a video clip of it.

 
At August 11, 2006 1:38 PM, Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

dont slag on paul newman - i may be a straight guy but that is STILL a beautiful man...

 
At August 11, 2006 1:59 PM, Blogger heather said...

Oh my dear lord he IS INDEED a beautiful man, no slagging here. I am crazy in love Beyonce style with the Paul Newman of Hud (especially) and Cool Hand Luke, but I get the feeling that I would be unable to compose a complete sentence even if I met him today.

 
At August 14, 2006 11:24 AM, Blogger D. said...

I think the format is, like, guru and sycophant... so which is which in the Quentin/Fiona axis? I'm dying to know. I figure QT is the guru, but still... i mean, surfer dude Eddie V is DEFINITELY gonna be at the feet of the surf master... just sayin' is all.

I linked to you re: Web browsers this week, Heather. Man, Internet Explorer blows.

 
At August 16, 2006 1:29 AM, Blogger Brennan J. Gray said...

I went to the IFC homepage, but didn't see the full schedule for this season's Iconoclasts. I hope you definitely keep us updated because I'd love to see Eddie and Laird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter