I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

National Talk Like A Pirate Day

In honor of National Talk Like A Pirate Day today, I am going to share my favorite pirate joke. It sounds best spoken, but this will have to do:

"A pirate walks into a bar. He's got this giant wooden steering wheel coming right out of the crotch of his pants.

Everyone tries to be polite, but finally the barkeep has to ask: "What IS that thing, man?"

Pirate looks down and says, "Arrgh. I donno matey, but it's drivin' me nuts."


And how perfect is it that there was a whole blessed CD of pirate songs that just came out?

"A Dying Sailor To His Shipmates" - Bono


Pirate shirt design courtesy of Busted Tees.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At September 19, 2006 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahoy.

thankee for the heads-up on that compilation.

much oblidged.

 
At September 19, 2006 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaaarrrrrrrrr!

 
At September 19, 2006 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arrrrgh.

How much for the Corn?

A Buck an Ear!

 
At September 19, 2006 2:33 PM, Blogger Natsthename said...

HOW could I have missed that this is TODAY??? ARRRGHHH! Abast, ye mateys!!

Thanks forrrrr the song!

 
At September 19, 2006 3:52 PM, Blogger c said...

wow. that bono guy is a good hummer.

 
At September 19, 2006 4:08 PM, Blogger Philco Brothers said...

In Boston it's dress like a pirate day

 
At September 19, 2006 7:09 PM, Blogger D. said...

great song! I'd have also picked "Seven seas of Rhye", by Queen

 
At September 19, 2006 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pirate photo is definitely the exact logo of my elementary and junior high schools that I went to.

 
At September 20, 2006 9:06 AM, Blogger heather said...

Callie - the Minnesota Vikings logo is the exact same as my high school and I always do a double take if I see it emblazoned on a car or something - I'm like "Hey! They went to Lynbrook--no, waaiiiit...."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter