I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, July 27, 2006

All the Pete Yorn you can handle

Ah, where to begin? I have just spent a fantabulous two days saturated with all the Pete Yorn I can handle (although yes, I'd go for more). Two in-store appearances packed with acoustic rarities, two fantastic concerts with the full repertoire of songs, and a one fine interview for y'all - an insight into the mind of the man behind the music.

Pete Yorn is an authentic, quality singer-songwriter (slash drummer, slash guitarist, slash multi-instrumentalist) with heartfelt passion for his music. This 32-year-old from Jersey combines raw urgency with melodic beauty, and I think that he is currently making and performing some of the best music of his career. If you can catch some of the remaining tour dates or in-stores, I urge you to do so. Many of the shows are sold out, but beg borrow and steal, baby.

If you have not yet read my massive post on Pete Yorn from a few months ago (or are unfamiliar with him), you must do so immediately. Full stop. The coolest thing to happen to me in recent memory is discovering on Monday night that Pete Yorn himself has previously read that very post on my very own little blog (and apparently the version of "Knew Enough To Know Nothing At All" that I have on there is a remix with Velvet Underground loops, not the original). Huh. Sweet beard of Zeus.

After some shuffling of schedules Monday night out on the open-air patio of the Walnut Room in Denver with Pete, we finally found some time to sit down together on Tuesday afternoon up in Boulder on a couch backstage at the Fox Theatre and chat a bit about what he has been up to. What I saw revealed was a rather pensive (but funny) musician with a lot of interesting things to say while he rubbed his guitar-string calloused fingertips.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pete Yorn Interview, July 25, 2006
Fox Theatre, Boulder, Colorado


So, tell me about your new album Nightcrawler. What is the musical progression or evolution from your two previous records, Musicforthemorningafter and Day I Forgot, to the new Nightcrawler?

It’s a completely different record than either of the other two records. The natural progression for me is just being older, living more, experiencing more. Right from the first song on Nightcrawler (“Vampyre”), it’s definitely a darker tone than what I’ve set with other records, but there’s a lot of bright spots on there too. But I mean, with any record if you just listen to the first song and think that’s what the whole record is going to sound like, you’d be missing a lot, it’s a pretty diverse. And I work on the order of the songs to make a flow that I like, so yeah, that’s something that’s important to me.

The vibe during the recording was everything from free-and-easy to real pain in the ass. We recorded something like fifty songs for Nightcrawler, so it was hard for me to pick. I have that problem with every record, its always hard for me to pick what’s gonna make it and what’s not gonna make it. I try to put together a group of songs that’s gonna fit well together, ones that kind of enhance each other. I started recording songs for Nightcrawler at the end of 2003, beginning of 2004, so it’s been a few years in the making, lots of songs recorded.


Were the Westerns EP songs recorded during the Nightcrawler sessions? Or do you look at that as a separate project?

A bunch of those songs were done & recorded in Jersey. Some of that stuff was like the first stuff I did when I got inspired to record again, and it always just stayed with me. Then I kinda went and started doin’ the other stuff, but then when it was time to put the record together I was like, “Man, I really want that [Westerns] stuff to get out there.” It just has an innocence to it, to my ear anyway, that I like. Westerns just feels a little more rootsy to me than Nightcrawler.

And the Dixie Chicks got involved because I was writing songs with them for their record, and we were friends through that. Then, they came out to L.A. to do their record with Rick Rubin, and that’s where I was recording at the time, so I asked them to come . . . I thought they would just be perfect for those songs.


Do you think there is more freedom in doing an EP than a full-length album because perhaps there aren’t the same commerical pressures with an EP?

Hmmmm. No. That’s never why I do it anyway, so I mean – maybe other people are pressured to market it. But I just want to put forward music that I am into, music that I want to play, that captures a good vibe. So whether its Westerns or Nightcrawler, it’s the same approach.


You opened for Bon Jovi in 2003 . . .

Yeah (laughs)…

And you’ve played hundreds of shows, both large and small. Is there one that stands out in your mind as being particularly memorable?

Yeah, uh . . . last night in Denver? I always remember my last show the most vividly. But they’re all different in their own way. It’s weird with me, like sometimes I’ll be havin’ a bad time during the show, and then I get offstage and everyone thinks it’s like the greatest show we’ve ever played. Then there’ll be times when we’ll be having the best time on stage and everyone’s like, “Eh, it was just alright …” So my perception of a good time might be different than what’s going on in front, but I try to make every show stand out in its own way.


What excites you about music today?

I listen to mostly older stuff. I haven’t really been listening to much new stuff at all. It’s like I do so much music that it’s all I do, so I haven’t been listening to music that much. I kind of like to take a break from it on my downtime. So like, driving around I listen to talk radio.

Can you list any of your top desert island discs?

Oh man, it changes a lot.
London Calling I love, always have, still do. Sounds great.
The Stones -- Sticky Fingers, Let it Bleed, Exile On Main Street. I like the Stones a lot.
Uh, Beach Boys, Pet Sounds


What was the first song you remember learning? Either on drums or guitar, since I know you do both.

On drums I remember learning “Dance The Night Away” by Van Halen when I was like nine. On guitar, like at 12 or 13, I learned maybe like “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” or something. Those first chords. And I remember learning bass lines, like I could play “Smoke On The Water” or Violent Femmes' “Blister in the Sun” (sings tune). But then I learned chords and I remember that Poison song was two chords, it was like G and C, so it was easy. And I told my mom that I wrote it (laughs).


You've performed a variety of interesting covers, from Mark James’ “Suspicious Minds” to Beach Boys to The Smiths. How do you pick covers? Are there just songs that you can see through to the core of it and know it conveys something for you?

Hmmm, well sometimes lyrically something will really hit home, like “Oh, I wish I said that” and then you’ll want to sing it. Like with [The Smiths’] “There Is A Light That Never Goes Out,” I’ve always loved that song so much. It’s kind of dark imagery in it, but the other night somewhere I did [Warren Zevon’s] “Splendid Isolation” into “There Is A Light That Never Goes Out” and lyrically they are such strong statements, they’re like polar opposites. Like one’s this too-super-cynical guy who just wants to be alone and be a hermit, and then on the other side of someone who is so lonesome they just want to go out and don’t even care if they crash and die next to the person -- they are so desperate for contact. And I never realized that until I sang them both back to back, I was like “holy shit.” Then I see the parallels in a lot of my own songs, when I’ll go into a song and then the next song for some reason will pop into my head as a polar opposites.


Are there any songs that you think would be cool to cover that you haven’t done yet?

“Unsatisfied” by Paul Westerberg – The Replacements. Definitely.


I always appreciate the interesting layers of percussion that you use in all of your songs, and I know that your roots are as a drummer. When it comes to songwriting, what comes first in your mind? Do you ever think of the drum portion first and then go into the melody or the lyric?

Yeah, “Strange Condition” was a drumbeat, it was just like (“slap, pat, tap tap, pat” on his knees) and I was like, “I like that beat, I’m gonna write a song to that.” Um, “Committed” was a drumbeat. Committed was actually the drumbeat to “Surrender” by Cheap Trick, exactly. I mean, literally, it was The Drums from Surrender -- we got the tracks of Bun E. Carlos playing it, just the drum track, and Surrender is a great song, great rhythm, great tempo, and I just threw it down and wrote Committed - just played into it. Someone emailed me saying that they heard Bun E. Carlos on XM Radio or something the other day -- or maybe it was Sirius or something – and he was saying, “Oh yeah, I played drums on 'Committed' with Pete Yorn,” even though it was just his drum disc. Well, it IS him, but it wasn’t like he was there. I was surprised he even knew about it. In the credits I did put Bun E. Carlos on it. But it is as it is.


So you do work from those different perspectives when you’re writing songs . . .

Yeah, like, “Black” I wrote on the bass, it’s just a bass line -- you know, like (imitates bass line) -- and immediately that drumbeat just came right in (slaps his knees in time). But yeah, a lot of stuff starts from that bass and rhythm.


You played a gorgeous version of Bandstand In The Sky last night, and I know that you’ve said that was written the day Jeff Buckley died.

Yeah, I wrote that when I heard the news. I didn’t know him, but it just popped out. I’m a fan of Grace. I remember the first time I heard it, I was in school still, college. I ‘member this friend of mine was a film major and asked me to be in his student film and I was like, “Alright, sure.” And I remember we were filming at a gas station and I had to just sit in the car and throw a tennis ball at the dashboard and catch it, for like, hours. It took them forever to set up the shot, they were just learning how to use all the stuff and nothing would work. So I’m just sitting in the car for hours and I remember just playing “Last Goodbye” on repeat. Just over and over and over and over again, loving that song, and loving the whole record.

[Pauses] . . . But just having a night with that. It would end and I’d start it again.

The last song on Nightcrawler is a studio version of "Bandstand." It’s kind of slow, mid-tempo. It’s a cool version.


You’ve had a lot of songs on movie soundtracks in the past few years. Do you have anything new coming up?

Yeah, I just did a, uh, Paul Westerberg song. He scored this new animated movie that’s coming out called Open Season, and they called me and asked me to sing one of the songs, so I recorded it and sang it. In the movie there’s an orchestrated version, then I recorded one for the soundtrack, like my own version. The song is called “I Belong,” and I think it comes out September 29th.


One last thing – speaking of movies; How in the world did you end up playing bongo drums on the Anchorman video for “Afternoon Delight”?

(Laughs) Yeah, how did that come about?
Um, my friend recorded the song for them, for “Afternoon Delight,” my buddy Doc. And he called me one day and he was like, “Dude, they need people to be in this video they’re shooting!” and I was like, “What is it?’ and he’s like “It’s fuckin’ Will Ferrell in Anchorman!” and I was like “No shit, really? Hell yeah, let’s do it!” I had nothing to do, so I headed down and they slapped some big old moustache on me and a turtleneck. Actually if you notice, I’m not playing with my hands, I’m playing with mallets! I’m playing mallets on the bongo, it’s really . . . silly.

[Commence laughing, general thanking, and farewells as we realize the time and Pete heads off to his in-store; you know, poor form to be late to those]

Additional photos from Dave Ventimiglia, taken at Blueberry Hill in St. Louis, 7/1/06.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Now I've amassed such a collection of songs & video from the last two days that it is hard to filter (hence the exercise in complete excess which follows shortly). The live shows were absolutely amazing; Pete is backed by an excellent band that knows their shiz -- they are cohesive and tight, but they also are having a good time (the proof is right here).

I have picked out some of my favorites from the two shows here (caveat -- I taped it again myself so don't expect excellent audio, just a document of the occasion that is listenable, except maybe for the warbling girls next to me):

FOUR HIGHLIGHTS FROM DENVER
Crystal Village
This song is absolutely anthemic in concert, an elevating experience. Listen to the crowd sing along. "Take my hand, come with me, I see the lights so brightly. And we fall as if we never really mattered."

Good Advice
A rocker off the Westerns EP, full of lyrics about showin' the world you can dance. Even if you can't. Bassist Sid Jordan manages to thrum out the hip-shakin' bass line, sing harmonies throughout the show, and all without taking the cigarette out of his mouth. It's a gift, really.

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (Smiths cover)
I had never really listened to these lyrics before Pete played it because I was not a goth kid in high school (you know the two camps, goth or rock?) but now I am glad to have it in my musical knowledge because it is so evocative & urgent.

Bandstand In The Sky
I can't express how breathless I was when he announced this song, since it was written about Jeff Buckley and I had just been thinking as I drove up to the concert how much I would love to hear this live. Stunning.


THREE HIGHLIGHTS FROM BOULDER
A Girl Like You

One of the things I had said to Pete the night before was that I had missed the inclusion of "Girl Like You" (after which he asked if I had green eyes, but I didn't get the lyrical reference until about an hour later when I was driving home and I had a smack-the-forehead moment). This is such a perfect little song.

For Nancy ('Cos It Already Is)
This song rocks hard live, and watching drummer Mal Cross furiously cut loose at the end just exhausted me in one of the best ways possible.

Lose You
The opening piano notes of this song just hang in the air with such a sense of anticipation, it almost knocked the wind out of me. Another absolute gem. Joe Kennedy rocks on the piano.


IN-STORE PERFORMANCES
Then I will post the complete sets for both in-store performances, since the audio quality is better on these and the songs are generally pretty rare.

Denver, Twist 'N' Shout
July 24, 2006
1. Knew Enough To Know Nothing At All
2. James in Liverpool
(very rare, not played in years)
3. Hunter Green
4. Golden Road
(off the new Westerns EP, great video coming)
5. Search Your Heart (another new one, possible b-side)

Boulder, Bart's Records
July 25, 2006
1. Splendid Isolation
(Warren Zevon cover)
2. Baby I'm Gone (yeah!)
3. I Feel Good Again (Junior Kimbrough cover)
4. June (Pete refers to this as one of his favorite songs)
5. Alive (from the new album Nightcrawler)


COMPLETE SETS
Finally, I also uploaded and zipped the full shows:

7/25/06 at the Walnut Room, Denver (setlist here)
7/26/06 at the Fox Theatre, Boulder (setlist here)


And if by some absolute anomaly you are still not sated, videos will come once I can beat YouTube into some sort of submission.



And happy birthday today, Pete. Keep on rockin' that goood music.

Labels: , ,

41 Comments:

At July 28, 2006 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Heather, kick-ass SWEET! Love Yorn, glad to see your site bringing him some good ol' blog creed! Thanks!

 
At July 28, 2006 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what an awesome recap-i was lucky enough to get to both shows as well & chat it up with him at twist and shout & after the denver show... you can tell he's got a definite dry sense of humor, but is pretty easy going... i asked him if there was any chance he'd play EZ in boulder & he just laughed and said "nope, i'm not gonna lie to you - i just don't play that one"... then guess what he plays the next night in SLC... yep a solo version of EZ as the closer to the night - he told the crowd "i'm playing this song cuz it's almost my birthday & i hope i don't mess it up"... i still can't get over how tiny the walnut room was.... great recap!

 
At July 28, 2006 10:18 AM, Blogger wakeboarder69 said...

thank you so much for this amazing post. I am also a huge Pete fan and will be seeing him here in Seattle tonight. just out of curiosity, what do you use to record shows???
-Erik

 
At July 28, 2006 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is great heather~! thank you so much

 
At July 28, 2006 10:32 AM, Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

Great write up Heather!

 
At July 28, 2006 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great interview, Heather! BTW...the show Pete mentions where "somewhere" he played Warren Zevon’s “Splendid Isolation” and then goes into “There Is A Light That Never Goes Out” and says "there are strong statements, and they’re like polar opposites" was the Atlanta show... which was a rocker... great show.. great time...can't wait for the next one!

 
At July 28, 2006 11:49 AM, Blogger mickeyitaliano said...

Wow Heather. Excellant interview. I'm so grateful that you included,'Lose You'...Did he play 'Lions' or 'The Man' ?


http:thecoolstore.blogspot.com

 
At July 28, 2006 12:34 PM, Blogger Dainon. said...

Um, what's with the big grey boxes over parts of your article? I'd really like to be able to read the whole thing. The parts I was able to read were superb.

 
At July 28, 2006 1:04 PM, Blogger heather said...

Dainon, I have NO IDEA. I have viewed it in both Firefox and Internet Explorer and it looks OK to me, even though one other reader said that some of the older posts in my blog were displaying with a huge font today. I have NO IDEA why. It is a Blogger glitch, I think. Reload? Retry? Smash your computer? :)



I will email you the text of the post. Anyone else having trouble can also contact me for the same offer. Glad you enjoyed what you were able to read.

 
At July 28, 2006 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet post, Heather! Thanks for all the audio from both shows. I have been looking for a recording of Pete's cover of There is a Light That Never Goes Out-I'm listening to it right now!

 
At July 28, 2006 1:34 PM, Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

the links to the setlists dont work for me. id like to see if he played undercover because ive never heard it live before.

 
At July 28, 2006 2:24 PM, Blogger Bruce said...

What an amazing post...Bruce

 
At July 28, 2006 5:55 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Thanks so much! I was in Denver and never expected to find a recording of it.

Where were you recording from?

 
At July 28, 2006 6:39 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Heather,
You have been on a roll of late, a great string of posts and tons of goodies for us. Thanks and keep up the great work. Your Pete Yorn post convinced me to go see him live next week and to go to his record show apperance in Phoenix (ZIA Records, Chandler location).

*Btw, are you by any chance going to the upcomming Beth Orton, David Gray, Aimee Mann concert at Red Rocks?

 
At July 28, 2006 6:55 PM, Blogger heather said...

Dear Erik and Eric with recording questions: I have a little digital voice recorder that I bought mostly for interviews, but then I realized I could record shows as well and have at least a passable document of the occasion for my personal use and for uber fans. It is an Olympus VN-480PC that connects to my computer and I just download the files. It's pretty cool. Works better in acoustic settings (like the Ryan Adams show in April, or the in-stores with Yorn), but not so bad in electric as well.

For both shows I was on the left side of the stage (from the audience perspective), and set the recorder on the stage.

 
At July 28, 2006 7:27 PM, Blogger heather said...

Oh, and here are the setlists in case those MySpace links I linked to don't work for you:

DENVER, CO setlist
walnut room, denver, co, july 24

py solo acoustic
i feel good again (junior kimbrough), life on a chain

py & joe k.
the good advice, closet, bandstand in the sky

py, joe k., sid & mal
broken bottle, georgie boy, pass me by, just another, don't mean nothing, crystal village, there is a light that never goes out (the smiths), black, long way down, burrito, strange condition, never my love (the association)

encore
py & joe k.
june

full band
alive, when you see the light, for us, for nancy




BOULDER, CO setlist
the fox theatre, boulder, co, july 25

solo acoustic
friend of the devil (grateful dead), all at once, life on a chain, burrito

py & joe k.
lose you, closet, same thing

py, joe k., sid & mal
pass me by, just another, crystal village, long way down, don't mean nothing, murray, turn of the century, there is a light that never goes out (the smiths), strange condition, the good advice, on your side, for nancy, suspicious minds (elvis presley)

encore
solo acoustic
a girl like you

full band
for us, black, i feel good again (junior kimbrough)

 
At July 28, 2006 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete Yorn - boring, dull acoustic stool "rock" for losers. Please, please piss off back to California Heather.

 
At July 28, 2006 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am never disappointed when I visit this site -- you have effing great taste in music! I get to see Pete Yorn for the first time at an in-store here in Richmond in 2 weeks and reading your post and taking advantage of the previous downloads has made me even more excited for the show. Thanks for Fuel for Friends!

 
At July 29, 2006 12:24 AM, Blogger Gamer C. said...

I didn't know a lot about this guy but, as always, reading your posts Heather makes me seem like I've known this guy for ages. Great, no, excellent article.

 
At July 29, 2006 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Heather, you've finally got my attention with this Pete Yorn guy. Anbody who covers Warren Zevon (other than Werewolves of London) is someone who merits my attention. I'm finally impressed.

I'm never disappointed by your blog, and this post is no exception. Outstanding job, go girl.

 
At July 29, 2006 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaahhh, I'm spent.

 
At July 30, 2006 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the Pete Yorn info. Love his music.

 
At July 30, 2006 2:42 AM, Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

well done :)

 
At July 30, 2006 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks you for this wonderful music. I live in POrtugal and had not heard of Yorn much before but I am downloading everything you posted and absolutely loving it. I will look for a way to buy his Nightcrawler. Thank you thank you!

 
At July 30, 2006 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I really really really want Pete to cover "Unsatisfied"!!! That would make my freakin' month.

 
At July 30, 2006 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pete is THE MAN....such a breath of fresh air in the "singer/songwriter" world. saw the show in portland last nite....he's the real deal. played for almost 2 hours. full of energy. lance armstrong was there rocking out. good times.

 
At July 31, 2006 9:28 AM, Blogger wakeboarder69 said...

I saw Pete Friday night at the Easy Street instore and Crocodile Cafe shows in Seattle. He was amazing, as usual! Peter Buck from R.E.M. joined him on the last 3 songs during the encore at the Croc. It was great!!!

-Erik

 
At August 01, 2006 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU

 
At August 02, 2006 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless you, Heather, you beautiful blogger and sharer of that is musical and good.

 
At August 04, 2006 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent interview – Heather. I saw PY in SLC and yes, heard the rare version of EZ (sorry Kristen). Funny crowd though in SLC. Mostly just stood around and listened - no real dancing or hootin' & hollarin'. Guess I'm used to concerts in CO. Still can’t believe I’m from Montville, NJ and have only seen PY in concert this side of the Miss.

Keep up the great work. Look forward to reading up on Ryan Adams and others.

 
At August 14, 2006 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone have the setlist for the 8-11-06 show in Philly @ the North Star Bar?

 
At August 14, 2006 5:15 PM, Blogger heather said...

Yeah, he's posting all of his setlists on his MySpace as bulletins:

PHILADELPHIA, PA setlist + instore + radio show
Body: wxpn free at noon, world cafe, philadelphia, pa, august 11

june > alive, life on a chain, for us, don't mean nothing, crystal village

then...

aka music, philadelphia, pa, august 11

intro > closet, baby i'm gone, the golden road, ez, vampyre, there is a light that never goes out (the smiths)

then...

north star bar, philadelphia, pa, august 11

py solo acoustic
seventeen, for nancy, i feel good again (junior kimbrough)

py & joe k.
lose you, bandstand in the sky, burrito, you never knew

py, joe k., sid & mal
broken bottle, the good advice, sense, georgie boy, don't mean nothing, pass me by, just another, when you see the light, life on a chain, how do you go on, closet, long way down, lions, never my love (the association), alive, crystal village, there is a light that never goes out (the smiths)

encore

py solo
new york city serenade (bruce springsteen)

full band
for us, strange condition, suspicious minds (elvis presley)

 
At August 28, 2006 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought you may be interested in this:)Interested in getting the word out on Pete Yorn? With the release of “Nightcrawler” approaching on August 29th, we need your help! Join the Official Pete Yorn Team by submitting a short application at www.peteyornteam.com. We will be accepting online members based on application responses. Online positions are for those willing to actively promote Pete on the web. Online members will let people know what’s going on with Pete Yorn and “Nightcrawler” by using official banners, icons, and other media supplied at the official street team website. Members of the official Pete Yorn Street Team will have access to the members-only website where the latest news, Pete media, autographed prizes and exclusive goods can be found.

If you are a huge fan of Pete Yorn’s music and want to let everybody else know why they should be too, head over to www.peteyornteam.com and apply now.

 
At August 31, 2006 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heather! My pleasure...great post!

Awesome that you got to talk to Pete Yorn too. What a thrill that must have been.

Nice work!

 
At September 01, 2006 5:56 AM, Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Cool interview thanks.

Seems he isn't doing any gigs in london for a while but I love all 3 of his albums and can't wait to see hime live.

 
At October 07, 2006 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a legend Heather!! Thanks for the audio clips, especially the ones in your last Pete blog.

And he's finally coming to Australia!!!!!!! Just over a week 'till he's in Sydney :D

BTW has anyone else noticed that a snippet of the song Pete wrote for Nancy Sinatra ("Don't Mean Nothin'") is re-used in "The Man" in Nightcrawler?? Absolutley love that song.
"...It's clear to me
You're like
The oceans and the light
Try and you'll remember what you used to be
It's clear to me this day will take you for a ride
A place that you once longed to be..."

 
At March 30, 2007 8:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Heather,
Your passion for music is refreshing...and your taste is impeccable! (Plus, I love your name; it's my wife's name.)

Enjoyed your Pete Yorn posts (among others) and thought you might enjoy this:
Pete Yorn | Live @ Sonar (Baltimore)

 
At September 23, 2007 9:26 AM, Blogger feisty said...

uhm, i think you are my music-twin.

awesome that you had the opportunity to meet pete yorn. thank you for writing and posting this- felt like i was THERE with you.

thank you thank you! (again)

wish he would visit northern MN....

 
At October 20, 2007 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather,
Have you check out WAZ? He was Pete Yorn's original guitarist and with him for many years. I saw him open for Frank Black from the Pixies last night in San Fran. AMAZING TUNES!

 
At October 20, 2007 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah i forgot myspace.com/waz

 
At November 06, 2007 7:38 PM, Blogger cricketc said...

Heather, that interview was unreal. Totally awesome as is your blog. Thanks for all the PY goodies.

In my collecting haze, I've acquired a few extra copies of some of the Acoustic You and Me EPs from last year. Does anyone want to take them off my hands? I've got extras of:

Live from Lou's Records
Live from Waterloo
Live from Rasputin
Live from Vintage Vinyl
Live from New World Records
Live from AKA Music
Live from Criminal Records
Live from Dimple Records
Live from Easy Street
Live from Music Millennium

Send me a message for details. I'm up for a trade or whatever. Hope to pass these onto some awesome PY fans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter