I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Strokes and Eddie Vedder: "Mercy, Mercy Me"

Sweet lord, it's raining duets that I've been wanting to hear. Thanks to Jed, here is the studio version of the Marvin Gaye cover with Vedder along with The Strokes, and Queen of the Stone Age Josh Homme helping out my man Fabrizio on the skins. Verse-swapping goodness, recorded as a b-side for the "You Only Live Once" single.

"Mercy, Mercy Me" - The Strokes, Eddie Vedder and Josh Homme


And a bonus track documenting the continuing saga of the love between Ed and The Strokes:

"Juicebox" (live) - The Strokes and Eddie Vedder
Rolling Stone's 1000th Party, May 2006 - low quality audio, but hey it's worth what you're paying for it.


And folks, I know EZArchive sometimes sucks and I do apologize, but I still haven't found any better file-hosting system. If these links don't work, it's not because I took em down (usually up at least 2 days) - but because EZArchive sucks. Sorry! Try back!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At June 29, 2006 8:25 PM, Blogger Bruce said...

Mercy Mercy Yes! It takes cajones to do this song. And its pretty good. The Dirty Dozen Brass Band have a song for song cover of Marvin Gaye's What's Goin On coming out in September and G Love sings on their version of it. Good find here.

 
At June 30, 2006 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heather - love your blog, respect your taste 99.99% of the time, am a huge pearl jam fan and even like the strokes quite a bit -- but that is the biggest bunch of flat-out shite that i've heard in a while. painful to listen to. marvin must be doing back flips in his grave.

 
At July 01, 2006 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, you always have such great music up! Is there any way you could make the songs downloadable in mp3? I'd love to be able to play them on iTunes and upload them to my iPod!

 
At July 01, 2006 9:57 AM, Blogger heather said...

Hi Anonymous, Both songs in this post are mp3, usually I do post in mp3 - I just figured out how to convert songs from m4a (iTunes format) into mp3 using iTunes, so recently all have been mp3. If there is something specific you are having a problem with, please let me know. I use iTunes and iPod too, so all the tunes I post should be compatible with that.

Thanks for visiting!

 
At July 01, 2006 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget Ed & the boys are on VH1 Storytellers Saturday night..Hope you have some MP3's next week...LOVE the blog

 
At August 13, 2006 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that song Thank You
BB 88

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter