I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Ryan Adams Bedhead, Volume 2

As promised, here is the second disc of the 5th volume (What Will Happen Next) of the Ryan Adams Bedhead live series. Three more to come following this one. If you missed the first one, it's here.

I've received some interesting feedback from y'all on the topic of seeing Ryan Adams live. Several of you have either commented or emailed to say how horrible he was when you saw him live, and how very disappointed you were. Others concede that when he does have a good show, it is really, really good (when all the celestial elements align for that perfect evening). My friend Chris in the UK made me laugh when he wrote that his wife will not go with him to see Ryan Adams ever again, that she thinks, "her summation - beautiful voice, depressing bastard in dire need of a good wash." He also continues with "As the man says himself, 'The sign on the door should read: variable quality - buyer beware.'

Here's to hoping that all the stars are in alignment next week for the SF shows, that the variable quality is high, and that I get some gems like this:

Disc II (Volume 15)
01. Cold Roses --> New York, New York 5/7/05
02. Stella Blue 7/26/05
03. Already Gone 6/11/05
04. Wonderwall 6/17/05
05. Easy Plateau 5/14/05
06. Meadowlake Street 5/1/05
07. Wharf Rat --> Bird Song 6/16/05
08. You Will Always Be The Same 6/7/05
09. Beachfront Town 4/29/05


DOWNLOAD DISC 2 AS A ZIP FILE HERE


Oh, and happy birthday to my brother Brian, somehow he is 24 already and I still picture him as being about 5, pronouncing his "r"s as "w"s. Go see the San Diego ocean for me and enjoy the California sunshine, lil brother! Love you.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At April 18, 2006 1:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are fierce. Awesome.

 
At April 18, 2006 1:50 PM, Blogger wwjblog said...

YIPEE!!!

 
At April 18, 2006 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Ryan last summer in Sandpoint, Idaho. I don't think my wife will go again, either. I enjoyed it, but he and the Cardinals took a lot of time between songs...a lot. More jamming than I expected, too. I'd see him again in a heartbeat, but it was a very weird show. People walked out, Ryan looked pissed...

 
At April 18, 2006 3:06 PM, Blogger jeffro said...

do you think ryan has trouble seeing what chords he's playing through his bangs?

 
At April 18, 2006 3:10 PM, Blogger heather said...

LOL jeffro. i thought that same thing on letterman.

 
At April 18, 2006 5:14 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Gotta say, I'm a sucker for a live Ryan Adams show. I saw him a couple weeks after 9/11 in NYC (the show where he brought Elton John out for the first time), and it was just incredible. One of the best concerts I've ever been to. Partially because, for many of us, it was the first time we'd gone out and actually done something that felt good in a while. He and the band also sounded great that night.

Then there were the 12:30am-3am solo shows he used to do at Fez. Tiny space, very personal, and he used it to test out all kinds of new material which would later become Gold. Good stuff.

The only bad experience I had was a July 4th show he did in Battery Park, in 100 degree heat, where he spent half the show making up a song about dirt and talking about his hair.

 
At April 18, 2006 6:55 PM, Blogger John said...

Yeah, ol' Ryan needs a bath. Love the Bedhead stuff though. Thank you!

 
At April 19, 2006 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

H

My lovely wife Joanne is amused by her new found fame ...

I have a good feeling that when you see him, all the planets will align.

And if they do, well ...

Chris (Tottington UK)

 
At April 22, 2006 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Heather

You are my new favourite blog.

Thanks :)

 
At May 31, 2006 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

first time here. thanks for all the ryan mp3's. i love his work and im constantly looking for live and new material. thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter