I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

New solo album from Raveonettes dude

Sune Rose Wagner is the masculine half of Danish duo The Raveonettes, alongside his platinum counterfoil Sharin Foo. After seven years of working in tandem (including on this year's marvelously cool Lust, Lust, Lust) Wagner is striking out on his own for an album of solo material, released this week.

That same echoey blend of surf sounds and scuzzy garage rock from the Raveonettes output is at play on this collection. To my non-Nordic eyes, these song titles look like Sigur Ros, but sound like Phil Spector -- except completely in Danish. It works!

Beruset Og Forhadt - Sune Rose Wagner

Wagner's self-titled solo album is out now on Juvenile Records.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter