I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Hang the DJ

I'm gonna try my hand at this DJ business as part of Denver's New Music Mondays over at the Larimer Lounge on January 19th. A new event on Monday nights, folks can bring their own vinyl or iPod contributions to add between sets to this record party. Should be a cool time of new music discovery with local, national and international tunes, brought to you by the Monolith Festival folks.

If you're in Denver, come check it out. And don't tell them I have no idea how to actually DJ (shhh!).


NEW MUSIC MONDAYS GUEST DJ SCHEDULE
Dec 1: Jim McTurnan (Cat-A-Tac) + Joshua Novak (Songwriter)
Dec 8: Brian F Johnson (Marquee Magazine) + Nicole Covington (Gothic Theater)
Dec 15: Kurt Ottaway (Overcasters) + MondoGarage (Garage/Spy Fi)
Dec 22: Chris Martucci (Laylights) with Miles & Baumer
Jan 5: Eryc Eyl (Westword) and DJ Ginger
Jan 12: Citrus Sauthoff (U.S. Pipe) and Julian Wakefield
Jan 19: Heather Browne (Blogger, I Am Fuel/You Are Friends) with Meese!

For the most current schedule updates, check here.

[photo credit]

Labels:

6 Comments:

At December 03, 2008 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you behind the decks...

 
At December 03, 2008 3:00 PM, Blogger Dr Fecher said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At December 03, 2008 3:01 PM, Blogger Dr Fecher said...

Here's a live clip from Monday, mixing The Chain Gang of 1974, 20 Fingers and Britney Spears all into the same 60 seconds.

http://hottodeath.com/mp3/live-chaingang-dicked-britney-12-01-08-larimer.mp3

 
At December 04, 2008 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhh...shortchanged the line up on 12/22? Baumer and I will be expressing our professional DJ skills then too

 
At December 04, 2008 4:51 PM, Blogger heather said...

Awesome add! I've updated the schedule Miles.

 
At December 04, 2008 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I'm embarassed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter