I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, December 25, 2008

...and a new Christmas one from Sufjan

In keeping with his prolific holiday tradition (he makes music like some folks make garlic prime rib), Sufjan Stevens has recorded a new home EP of Christmas songs for 2008.

As he's apparently "Astral Interplanet Space Captain" this year, many of the songs are of the synth-Casio variety, and I'm kinda finding the mood a bit off-putting, compared to the way I love his banjo with my whole backwoods heart. I mean, "Wonderful Christmastime" should have never happened. Have we learned nothing from the past! Christmas means no synthesizers.

But in any case, there is one sweet piano-based tune on the new EP that has risen above the interplanetary action to warm my heart. I do hope your day was happy.

Christmas In The Room - Sufjan Stevens

Get the whole EP over on So That's What The Volume Knob Is For.


And . . . I'm off to California for a few days of sun and fun and friends (well, maybe not the first one. It is December.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter