I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

When I was young and full of grace and spirited, a rattlesnake

R.E.M. in Santiago last night:

("I Believe," from one of my favorite R.E.M. albums, the whole of which is very fitting today)

Yesterday, I voted for change, and today I am inspired, excited and full of hope for our country. As I poured my coffee, I found myself thinking about what I could specifically do to get involved in what lies ahead.

As one inspiring man was quoted as saying in our local paper, "I hope everybody can say, ‘What can I do?' instead of ‘What do I get?'"


[thanks c]

Labels:

4 Comments:

At November 05, 2008 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Heather, say it w/ me, YES WE CAN!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyqcx-mYY

 
At November 05, 2008 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sharing the wealth sounds like "what can I get" to me. i hope your're right, heather.

 
At November 05, 2008 9:30 AM, Blogger Bona Fide Darling said...

His speech last night was one of the most inspiring things I've seen in my short lifetime. It's nice to hear a man speak like he actually cares about the people of the country. I hope some change will actually happen and not just politics as usual.

 
At November 05, 2008 10:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

you did it, and we (europeans) are so happy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter