I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Superdrag return with Industry Giants

Filthy & Afraid (Stealth Mix D) - Superdrag

Superdrag has announced the title of their first full studio album with the original line-up of Coffey, Davis, Fisher, and Pappas since 1998’s Head Trip In Every Key. I've not heard the whole album yet, but rumor has it that Industry Giants will "rock harder than Superdrag has ever been known to rock before." So they tell me. The good-hearted John Davis says, "I can't wait to get the record out. I can't wait for people to hear it. I wish it could come out tomorrow."

Produced by John Davis (whose solo work I seriously dig of late) and recorded & mixed in Nashville, Knoxville, and LA, the album is out on Superdrag Sound Laboratories / Thirty Tigers (Jessica Lea Mayfield, The Avett Brothers, Samantha Crain) on March 17.


[my pic above, Tom Pappas airborne at Monolith 2008]

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 24, 2008 8:59 AM, Blogger Rollerpimp said...

Do you know if John Davis will continue doing the Christian Solo stuff? It is some of my favorite to listen to, thanks for the find.

 
At November 24, 2008 10:56 AM, Blogger Rob Howard said...

I caught them at the 25th Anniversary of the local college station here in Knoxville. They were great! I love it!
Rob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter