I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, November 21, 2008

"...more like reviewing a unicorn"

Chuck Klosterman reviews Chinese Democracy:

"I've been thinking about this record for 15 years; during that span, I've thought about this record more than I've thought about China, and maybe as much as I've thought about the principles of democracy. This is a little like when that grizzly bear finally ate Timothy Treadwell: Intellectually, he always knew it was coming. He had to. His very existence was built around that conclusion. But you still can't psychologically prepare for the bear who eats you alive, particularly if the bear wears cornrows."

Read it and weep (and by weep I mean laugh until you weep)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 21, 2008 6:16 PM, Blogger Sally Jo Who said...

Personally, I've never been into GNR, nor do I really care for Chinese Democracy, but his review is so hilarious that it makes me curious. haha

Thanks for this post, Heather, I've been a Chuck Klosterman fan for a long time...since his Spin days. And if it hadn't been for you pointing out his review, I wouldn't have found out about his new book. Next stop: Barnes & Noble! :D

 
At November 21, 2008 6:26 PM, Blogger Asian Kid A said...

I couldn't get past track 6. it's currently streaming on the MySpace. I guess before it's released worldwide. and frankly, I much preferred the Use Your Illusions and Appetite for Destruction.

 
At November 22, 2008 5:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Brilliant writing, except that the conclusion reinforces Axl's mono-mania. He needs shock therapy more than encouragement methinks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter