I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, November 20, 2008

The 2008 Gummy Awards

I got an email from the Stereogum folks this morning, letting me know that the voting is open on the 2008 Gummy Awards and "early returns indicate that I Am Fuel, You Are Friends is a top contender for Best Music Blog." Eh! Pretty cool.

If you wanna state your piece, do so over at www.gummyawards.com -- and everyone who does will be in the running to win the top 50 CDs of the year, as picked by the poll. I've played along the last two years and my favorite part is always voting for Indie Rock Crushes because clearly that is a very important topic.

3 Comments:

At November 20, 2008 4:28 PM, Blogger Tawriffic said...

Good Luck Heather, you have my vote.

I enjoyed watching the best web video section. I was tossing up between the flip out by Bill O'Rielly and the 10 minutes of Tom (nutbar!) Cruise on Scientology, but the sprinkler lady got my vote in the end. So simple in imagery but the words are wonderful and she really is crazy.

Grace Potter got my Rock Crush award. That version of MMJ's "Golden" you posted recently is just delightful.

 
At November 24, 2008 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they sent that to everyone with a blog...just replaced the blog name. campaigning is for suckers.

 
At November 26, 2008 5:41 PM, Blogger Matt said...

You've got my vote. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter