I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Sunday, October 12, 2008

New from the Avetts :: Family gospel salvation

It feels like I've been posting about the Avett Brothers a lot, but that's because I've been listening to them a lot. They make my blood hot, and then sometimes they make things shift around loose inside of me. So that's real good.

According to their MySpace page, they hope to have a new release ready for sale at their shows starting November 1. Continuing under the presumption that family members make the best band members, it is a gospel album called Jim Avett and Family. According to a North Carolinian fan on their message boards, the cover photo of the album (above) is the Mt. Pleasant Methodist Church where their dad Jim is a member, the church the brothers grew up in. The same fan also wrote that it was the first place he ever saw the Avett Brothers live, in the fellowship hall for a small donation right after they had signed with Ramseur Records.

I'd imagine that it might sound something like this:

I'll Fly Away - The Avett Brothers

(from the 2002 album Live At The Double Door Inn)


After this gospel foray, the next thing we can look forward to is their Rick Rubin-produced album in 2009, their first on the Columbia imprint American Recordings.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At October 12, 2008 10:58 PM, Blogger Johayra F. said...

OMG. Thanks for this. I cant wait!

 
At October 13, 2008 6:35 AM, Blogger Dustin C. said...

That is SO exciting! Thanks for reporting on this band - I checked them out and instantly became a fan. Can't wait to check them out in Indiana in November - they're doing a two-night stand in Bloomington!!!

 
At October 13, 2008 9:22 AM, Blogger Josh Jenkins said...

hah i remember this song when i used to go to church.

 
At October 13, 2008 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. Thanks for posting...

 
At October 13, 2008 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a great song you posted. need to find that album. hopefully I'll get to see them again and buy it from them proper.

 
At October 14, 2008 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, I hadn't heard anything from Live At The Double Door since it's impossible to find. Just makes me want it even moarrrrrr!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter