I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

"La la laaa laaa" :: Yael Naim live session / contest for Aspen show

The lovely French-Tunisian-Israeli songstress Yael Naim (ah, yes -- from that commercial ... aaand now you're singing it all day) stopped in at the Frontstage Studios in France at the beginning of this year for an absolutely charming, lighthearted set of acoustic tunes. I've been enjoying the casual ukelele vibe of her performance all day. There's some singing in French and a Britney Spears cover, so yeah -- take a listen.

YAEL NAIM, LIVE IN PARIS
January 2008

New Soul
Paris
Find Us
Lonely
Toxic (Britney Spears cover)


NEW CONTEST:
Yael is currently on tour, swinging through the Belly Up in Aspen on Sunday, October 19th. Colorado peeps, would you like to go? I've got a pair of tickets. Leave me a comment, maybe say something nice. It's still random winners but still you can always say something nice.


[audio via deaf indie elephants]

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At October 08, 2008 1:15 AM, Blogger Good Girl Gone Blog said...

I didn't know she was singing in a commercial - I don't watch TV. What song is it?

I just mentioned her in one of my blogs - uploaded the youtube video of "Toxic". She is amazing

 
At October 08, 2008 11:26 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Great set! Thanks for sharing, Heather!

PS- How 'bout them Dodgers? Haha I hope you're not rooting for Philly...

 
At October 08, 2008 12:13 PM, Blogger heather said...

steve, i always, always root against the dodgers as a matter of principle. remember, i am a giants fan :)

 
At October 09, 2008 4:22 AM, Blogger Tony said...

Must've got here too late, the links are no longer working :(

 
At October 09, 2008 6:42 AM, Blogger heather said...

I didn't take the links down....my server seems to be a bit feisty this morning. Give it time, they will magically reappear.

 
At October 09, 2008 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Went looking for The Damnwells and stumbled across your blog...keep blogging

 
At October 10, 2008 1:35 AM, Blogger Tony said...

Hooray, that they magically did. Thanks

 
At October 14, 2008 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very beuatiufl. she is amazing singer. thanks for putting it up

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter