I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

when i leave your arms / the things that i think of

This brand new Avett Brothers video for their song "Murder In The City" (off the Second Gleam EP) went live over on the Paste Magazine site today. It's quiet and gorgeous, but full of small moments that make me smile; the way his Seth's hands pause on the ivories, the smile shared when the brothers remember the trouble they got into when they were younger, the dark look that flits across Scott's face when he sings about "when I leave your arms, the things that I think of . . ." He looks so concerned. I know the feeling.

Murder In The City - The Avett Brothers

It's a whole different side of them than this; equally wonderful.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At October 01, 2008 1:11 AM, Blogger Dainon. said...

All kinds of beautiful, that was. Salt in the wound for my passing on free tix to their show a couple months back, too. Bygones ...

 
At October 01, 2008 8:45 AM, Blogger wakeboarder69 said...

Thank you for this! You know I love them, thanks to you ;o)

-Erik

 
At October 01, 2008 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep...a year later and I love them more. Still recalling lyrics from "Emotionalism".

Seth and Nicole Atkins sound real pretty together as well

-debs

thank you

 
At October 02, 2008 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
so amazing, i am not sure how these guys have gotten past my radar but.. now that I know.

breathtaking . stunning and so much fun

thanks

kelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter