I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Vedder covers Nick Cave and Trent Reznor

On August 21 Eddie Vedder began a two night stand in Chicago, part of his ongoing his solo tour (which I was fortunate to catch in Berkeley back in April). I'd heard that he covered both Nick Cave and Trent Reznor during his inventive set. Fascinating.

In honor of me planning to see Nick Cave tomorrow night with his Bad Seeds, it seemed a good time to dig up the mp3s. I love it when Eddie covers Ship Song.


Ship Song (Nick Cave cover) - Eddie Vedder [stream]
Hurt (Nine Inch Nails cover) - Eddie Vedder

10/1/08: mp3 links removed again at the request of the Ten Club.
Hmmm, starting to leave a sour taste in my mouth.


[photo credit Andrea Latina]

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At September 25, 2008 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather -
I'm very jealous that you get to see Mr. Nick Cave; enjoy!
BTW - There has been some top notch music on Fuel lately (CC, PJ, etc.) Thanks.

- Neil

 
At September 26, 2008 10:45 AM, Blogger racingpaperplanes said...

Racingpaperplanes from Sweden is releasing the new album "Four" step by step for free! Also there will be a cd-r version coming out soon and Itunes and all of that.

http://racingpaperplanes.blogspot.com/ is where you will find one song a week for free!

Sorry for the spam... I love this blog!

 
At September 26, 2008 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are the best. thanks for the mp3s, I've been looking since he played Hurt for a decent recording.

 
At October 03, 2008 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously....fuck the 10 club.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter