I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, September 04, 2008

New from Dave Smallen (Street To Nowhere) :: "America"

Dave Smallen used to front the now-defunct Oakland, CA band Street To Nowhere. He's delightfully whip-smart, as evidenced by the writing in his blog, and also generous - releasing a free solo tune via his website. He says, "I wrote 'America' in October 2006 after getting home from my first national tour. I consider it a personal song, not a political song, but I want to release it now while people are very concerned about our country, which I think is actually a beautiful thing."

America - Dave Smallen

[photo by Matthew Ginnard]

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 05, 2008 12:05 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Great song, interesting blog. Definitely going to check out more of his stuff. Another great find, Heather!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter