I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Last night :: Spiritualized and N.E.R.D. (no, not together)

Last night I had high aspirations of a rare two-show/one-night venture. I went to the Fillmore to see Chester French, but they played earlier than quoted and I missed the set. I was confused when I got there and asked the older black security guard if anyone had played yet and he sniffed, "A few skinny white boys. They was good." I found this amusing, and frustrating that I didn't get to see them myself. I had time and stayed for N.E.R.D., then headed to the loud, uplifting rock-and-gospel sounds of Spiritualized. It was quite the head-swirling show.

SEE 'EM:
N.E.R.D. pictures
Spiritualized pictures

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 25, 2008 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog!!!!

Consider yourself linked!

 
At October 03, 2008 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ironic title, since Chris Cornell and Timbaland are touring together, which I at first assumed had to have been a misprint.
- Patrick @ Twist & Shout

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter