I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Last night: Foo Fighters at Red Rocks

The Foo Fighters at Red Rocks were loud last night -- some of the highest decibel levels I've heard in a while (I'm not complaining, I just can't hear you).

It's obvious to anyone who has seen these guys that Dave Grohl simply adores being a frontman, and has found his calling in life. His affability greased the wheels of the show and trickled into everything they performed -- it was such a fun night. Musically it was a treat to watch Taylor Hawkins (the man, the myth, the machine) and Pat Smear (formerly of The Germs) play, as well as the two kickass women on their impressive stringed instruments (a cello and a violin methinks, but I was never an orchestra kid so it could be, like, a viola or something).

See all my photos here.


And in a move akin to listening to the band you just saw in the car on the ride home...

FOO FIGHTERS 6-PACK
Everlong (acoustic)
Never Talking To You Again (Husker Du cover, live on BBC 1)
Times Like These (acoustic)
Keep The Car Running (Arcade Fire cover)
The Pretender (live on the Grammys, 02-10-08)
Kiss The Bottle (b-side, Jawbreaker cover)

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At September 10, 2008 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pictures are amazing!

 
At September 10, 2008 5:15 PM, Blogger Jay C said...

awesome pics!
the Foos do ROCK!!!

 
At September 10, 2008 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great band!!! Great pictures!!! Thanks for sharing.

 
At September 10, 2008 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Their show in Detroit this year was great, but I was a bit disappointed to see Dave doing the EXACT same moves in NYC on television a few nights later. It ruined the show for me, after the fact! It was too rehearsed for me.

 
At September 10, 2008 10:11 PM, Blogger -tom said...

excellent pics Heather !

 
At September 11, 2008 12:28 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Heather that third shot from the top is just incredible (yay for SLRs heh). I'm psyched to see it (and you!) in person this weekend!

 
At September 11, 2008 5:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dave is one of the best front men of our time and junk.

 
At September 11, 2008 9:16 PM, Blogger Aaron M. Cohen said...

OK, I know I'm basically repeating what everybody else has already said, but those are some amazing pictures! Yet another reason to visit your incredible music blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter