I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Sing along with the Fleet Foxes at the Hi-Dive

If you read my Fleet Foxes concert review from their show a few weeks ago at Denver's Hi-Dive, you know how mightily impressed I was with their "gorgeous golden harmonies and near-ethereal shimmering songs, firmly rooted in a sort of Appalachian wilderness." Luckily I've stumbled upon this bootleg of their set from a few months prior at the same venue, from when they played with Porlolo and Blitzen Trapper. For your distinct listening pleasure:

FLEET FOXES
APRIL 14, 2008
HI-DIVE
, DENVER
Sun Giant
Sun It Rises
Drops In The River
English House
White Winter Hymnal
Your Protector
Oliver James
Mykonos
Blue Ridge Mountains

ZIP: FLEET FOXES AT DENVER'S HI-DIVE


[photo by the radtastic Laurie Scavo]

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At August 07, 2008 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent! Thanks Heather.
Seeing them in Dublin in November - can't wait!

 
At August 07, 2008 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to listen to this - thanks!

I've been reading for a while, thought it was about time I said hi.

 
At August 07, 2008 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart Fleet Foxes, and that live version of "White Winter Hymnal" kicked ass.

 
At August 07, 2008 11:40 AM, Blogger Bona Fide Darling said...

I can't wait to get home and download it!

 
At August 07, 2008 2:54 PM, Blogger margot said...

waaahoo! thanks for the heads up! love them.

 
At August 07, 2008 8:18 PM, Blogger M said...

They are amazing! Saw them in Chicago and was moved enough to write a review too...

http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/2008/07/live-fleet-foxe.html

Thanks for the live set, Heather!

 
At August 08, 2008 10:35 AM, Blogger flatresponse said...

I was out of town for the July show and unable to tape it...oh well. If anyone is jonesing the Porlolo or Blitzen Trapper sets from the same night in April, let me know.

 
At August 08, 2008 4:11 PM, Blogger Ruralgurl said...

FF is my new obsession! Thanks for feeding it. Yum!

 
At August 08, 2008 6:01 PM, Blogger roark said...

Thanks!!!!

 
At September 02, 2008 9:57 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

amazing thank you for sharing. i'm obsessed with this guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter