I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Saturday, August 16, 2008

New from Wilco :: "One Wing" and "Sunny Feeling" (live in Indianapolis)

It's good times for new music. Wilco has recently been playing a few new songs at their shows these last two weeks. Here are recordings of two of them from Indianapolis on August 4th. Thanks to Cusa for digging these up at my behest, since I've been too busy with work to be a proper scout of anything lately.

One Wing (live 8/4/08) - Wilco

Sunny Feeling (live 8/4/08) - Wilco


One Wing (called a "WIP" at Lollapalooza by Jeff - a work in progress) is bittersweet, and heartbreakingly lovely, but builds into those jaw-dropping crescendos that they do so well. The opening minutes have that moody and wistful Fleetwood Mac-ish guitar riff. Sunny Feeling is feisty and evokes what the title describes (even though that feeling is taken away, sadly, by the chorus).

My friends who've caught Wilco in action lately say they look "dang good in those Nudie-meets-Sgt Pepper outfits..." Well yes, they always do. High class! I have a Tweedy & Co date next weekend at the Outside Lands Festival in golden SF. I will hope for these tunes to make an appearance, and any other new ones they care to bestow. Sounds like Nels is still as busy melting faces as ever.

[brooklynvegan photo credit, from Lolla]

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 16, 2008 7:09 PM, Blogger Ruralgurl said...

Hoo-ray! Happy Wilco Weekend!
Thanks, Heather!

 
At August 17, 2008 3:49 PM, Blogger Ray said...

Very cool, thanks! I saw their amazing Tanglewood show (review at my blog) Tuesday, but we didn't get treated to any new songs

 
At August 19, 2008 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new songs! Thanks for posting them.

You can see footage of the Lollapalooza show (doing One Wing) at:

http://neonbodega.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter