I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Saturday, August 16, 2008

New from The National :: "A Thousand Black Cities" (live in Copenhagen)



I'm pretty sure that this is the first new National song unveiled since Boxer, in its debut performance earlier this week at The Vega in Copenhagen, Denmark. This mp3 is just a rip from the video above (more pics from the taper here), but for us addicts I suppose it will do temporarily. The title could also be "Believe Me." Swirling atmosphere and sonorous horns . . . I can't wait to hear a clean copy of this.

A Thousand Black Cities (new, live 8/12/08) - The National

Also check out the amazing podcast of The National at Lollapalooza, or from the same site, Explosions in the Sky.

[thanks Erica!]

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 19, 2008 1:46 AM, Blogger DC said...

Ahh, thank you. The National have really gotten into my head, so any new material from them is a godsend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter