I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New from the Broken West: "Auctioneer"

I just made myself a brand spankin' new mix CD last night for a roadtrip and I keep finding myself throwing Broken West tracks on every mix I make lately. Now I have new fodder:

Aquarium Drunkard posted an exclusive new track this morning from L.A.'s Broken West, who released one of my favorite albums of 2007.

Auctioneer - The Broken West



In a few short weeks their sophomore effort Now or Heaven will be released on Merge Records. You can preorder it now, and then go catch them on tour like I plan to do:

BROKEN WEST TOUR DATES
9/09: Hi Dive, Denver
9/10: Slowdown JR, Omaha
9/11: The Picador, Iowa City
9/12: Orpheum Stage Door, Madison
9/13: 400 Bar, Minneapolis
9/15: Schubas, Chicago
9/16: Pike Room, Pontiac
9/17: Horseshoe Tavern, Toronto
9/21: Mercury Lounge, New York
9/22: Middle East, Cambridge
9/23: Cafe Nine, New Haven
9/24: TBA, DC
9/25: Local 506, Chapel Hill
9/28: The Basement, Nashville
9/29: Hi Tone, Memphis
9/30: Dan's Silverleaf, Denton
10/1: Mohawk, Austin
10/4: Spaceland, Los Angeles


Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 19, 2008 2:51 PM, Blogger Bona Fide Darling said...

I had never heard of them until this morning...and I was in awe. Great stuff, I'm definitely going to have to get their CDs.

 
At August 19, 2008 7:37 PM, Blogger HCJoel said...

If I only purchased music based on your reviews, I'd have more than I could possibly enjoy. I started streaming the new Broken West disc and by song three I had pre-ordered it. Thanks, Heather!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter