I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Would you care to join the mile high club?

The Mile High Music Festival is coming to the Denver area this weekend in the somewhat awkwardly-named but supposedly pleasant Dick's Sporting Goods Park out in Commerce City (incidentally, the only city in Colorado with a liquor store that sells this nectar of the gods).

I'm going to be covering the fest, and sure Tom Petty and Dave Matthews are headlining. But depending on circumstance and how the day unwinds, I am more looking forward to seeing some folks like:

Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers
Bob Schneider
Josh Ritter (!!)
Andrew Bird
Spoon
Lupe Fiasco
The Whigs
The Flobots
Grace Potter
The Roots
The Black Crowes

[full schedule here]

I still regret missing The Roots at Red Rocks when they were here opening for Wilco, Athens' The Whigs are supporting their excellent sophomore album Mission Control, and Josh Ritter always absolutely slays me in the best possible way (like this). Not too shabby for a weekend, close to home for once. Come on out!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At July 16, 2008 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather -
I'm so jealous that you get to see Josh Ritter this weekend. Have a great time.
- Neil

 
At July 17, 2008 2:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great lineup - bring approximately 4.8 gallons of water per person. Soccer fields with no shade.

Worst part is there is no camping - I'd love to see this thing really bloom into a real festival and find a location where camping is an option.

 
At July 17, 2008 7:36 AM, Blogger Chris Migliaccio said...

I haven't listened to him regularly since college, but Stephen Kellogg puts on an excellent show.

 
At July 17, 2008 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try and check out Ingrid Michaelson, as well! She sounds great live and has a really fun personality

 
At July 17, 2008 5:15 PM, Blogger kastanya karraska said...

Hello FUEL ....

THIS IS THE LINK FROM THE -FIB- Festival Internacional de Benicassim , in Spain
http://fiberfib.com/en/line-up/line-up-2008/
whit many goups and famous artists,,
LEONARD COHEN , MY BLOODY VALENTINE , SIGUR ROS ,NADA SURF , JOSE GONZALEZ ,SIOUXIE ,MORRISEY, etc , etc.....

salusos desde España ....

oscar ...

 
At July 17, 2008 6:29 PM, Blogger Beaze said...

I am tossing around the idea of moving to Boulder and knowing all of this you write about would be just an hour's drive is definitely swaying me. Festival heaven!

 
At July 17, 2008 7:59 PM, Blogger Amber said...

SK6ers are SO fun live! And their drummer loves Pearl Jam so that gives them bonus points in my book.

 
At July 17, 2008 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jealous ab/ the Josh Ritter. Absolutely LOVE him. I also believe new artist Eric Hutchinson is there too....definitely check him out. Saw him Sunday while on tour w/ Missy Higgins and he definitely stole the show.

 
At July 18, 2008 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep hearin' good things about Grace Potter, somewhere . . .

Oh that's right, it's my website

This Is Somewhere

 
At July 18, 2008 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raison D'Etre is readily available here in GA...lemme know and I'll send you some! It's the least I can do for hooking e'one up with such good music.

Yeah, I like DMB, Mayer, etc. but definitely check out Petty and Steve Winwood. They recently played here in GA and not only did Winwood dip into a bunch of classic Traffic stuff but he came on with Petty and played some Blind Faith tunes. Petty also dug deep and played some Travelling Wilburys stuff in addition to some Mudcrutch!!!

 
At July 26, 2008 8:31 AM, Blogger heather said...

hey Anon,
Um, yes? I will definitely take shipments of beer. Email me and I will tell you where to send it. :)

thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter