I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Monday, July 14, 2008

Supergrass at the Larimer Lounge tonight

Supergrass and I had a hot date tomorrow night at the Foo Fighters show at Red Rocks, but then Dave Grohl went and got sick.

To soothe our wounds until the make-up dates in September, Supergrass is going to play a Denver show anyway tonight at the teensy Larimer Lounge. Should be a rad evening; their new album packs a swaggering punch with a surprising hint of dare I say glam. Los Angeles band Year Long Disaster opens.

Diamond Hoo Ha Man - Supergrass


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At July 14, 2008 1:22 PM, Blogger Vital73 said...

Sorry to hear they had to cancel the show. I was lucky enough to see them here in Seattle last week. I've listened to them forever but this was my first show and it ROCKED!! Dave is a great front man and had us laughing in between rocking out! It'll be worth the wait when they come back in the fall. I continue to enjoy your writing ~ thanks for all the great music and info.

 
At July 14, 2008 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet bonus to still get to see the 'Grass in a tiny venue. Enjoy!

 
At July 15, 2008 2:58 AM, Blogger IndieLimerick said...

It will be a great gig , I have a review on my site from their gig in paris in June. Going to see them again in september cant wait!

 
At July 15, 2008 12:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At July 15, 2008 12:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It was an amazing gig -- they only did one set but they rocked the (tiny) house. There were maybe 60-70 ppl there, tops, but the small venue and format seemed to amplify their energy, if anything. Great encore with "Caught By The Fuzz" in their original 3-piece configuration with Gaz, Mick and Danny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter