I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Monday, July 28, 2008

Kings of Leon say "Crawl," I say "alright"

Because I love their sound, and also partly because I could watch these boys all day long (and yes, I know that is shallow and inappropriate but come on):

KINGS OF LEON: "Only By The Night"
home movies/album preview



Oh, Followills, showcased in their natural footloose environment -- cavorting, making music, riding small scooters. The new KOL album Only By The Night will be out September 23rd. As of this morning, you can download their churning new song "Crawl" for free on Spin.com:

Crawl - Kings of Leon

Monday Music coming later today . . .

Labels:

8 Comments:

At July 28, 2008 12:28 PM, Blogger Bona Fide Darling said...

I checked downloaded this song earlier and I freaking LOVE IT! I think it sounds way better than just about anything on "Because of The Times." That disc had waaaay to much U2 inspiration on it.

I love this track though and I can't wait until the new album comes out.

 
At July 28, 2008 12:32 PM, Blogger serena said...

oh, how i love those followill boys... :) we've seen them open for PJ twice and at lolla and alone... and can't wait to see them again!!

 
At July 28, 2008 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap am i excited about this album. "crawl" is fantastic and the song in this video is going to KILL.

hurry up and be september!

 
At July 28, 2008 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the news! I actually got to see these guys on Letterman back in 2003. A friend and I were in the area for Nights 9 and 10 of the Giants Stadium Springsteen concerts and scored some tickets for Letterman on September 2. To be honest, the show itself was a huge disappointment until this unknown (to us) band came on and played Molly's Chambers. I'm usually not like this with new bands, but I immediately dug them and went out and bought their debut CD and have been a fan ever since. Those guys sure know how to put on a show, even in a small theater in front of a bunch of people who didn't know who the hell they were! I always wondered, was that their national TV debut?

 
At July 29, 2008 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy band with 3 days beard growth reverb guitars; we'll have to give you a Mulligan on this one, but you have good taste so you are forgiven...

 
At July 30, 2008 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hear coldplay

 
At August 01, 2008 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The song in the video is "Use Somebody." I've been listening to the new album cause I work in the music industry and have been able to get my hands on it. You guys are gonna love it.

 
At August 02, 2008 12:19 PM, Blogger heather said...

CHASE! I was just Googling for that yesterday. I won't post it if you send it to your favorite blogger so she can enjoy it. Just sayin'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter