I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, July 04, 2008

Independence Day with Elliott Smith

. . . and sixteen other songs. On the 4th of July in 2000, Elliott Smith performed this superb quality set at the Embryo Festival in Gothenburg, Sweden. Not your standard BBQ / beer / fireworks soundtrack for today -- but better.

ELLIOTT SMITH
JULY 4, 2000
EMBRYO FESTIVAL (FM BROADCAST)

Ballad of Big Nothing
Independence Day
Junk Bond Trader
Son of Sam
Everything Means Nothing
Cupid's Trick
LA
Strung Out Again
Sweet Adeline
Bled White
Between the Bars
Color Bars
Stupidity Tries
A Question Mark
2:45 AM
In The Lost and Found
Can't Make a Sound

ZIP: ELLIOTT 4TH OF JULY

I'm off to a neighborhood party, then to one of the ten million fireworks displays. Fourth of July would be a fun day to hike Pikes Peak, then see all the fireworks below. Maybe next year.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 04, 2008 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you so much for this!

 
At July 05, 2008 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. I really enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for the great music.

 
At July 05, 2008 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks heather you made my day!!!
keep on blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter