I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Feist acknowledges her popularity with the 4-year-old set



Feist was in Denver last night and I missed it, but this recent performance from Sesame Street is clearly a match made in heaven. Kids love the original "1234" song, even if they tend to be a bit troubled by the way she skips 7 and 8 -- this cheerfully makes up for it.

Ms. Leslie Feist joins a fairly formidable pantheon of past performers on one of my favorite kid's shows since back in the day, when the youth were all so much more fashionable:

R.E.M.


Johnny Cash


Stevie Wonder


There are also some unfortunate missteps, and this one always always makes me feel sad for undefinable reasons, not having to do with Aaron's regrettable earring.

And my goodness my head kind of just exploded from vivid nostalgia (the crayons!!).

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 17, 2008 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally remember that crayon-making video! I bet those old people all died making the crayons ;)

 
At July 17, 2008 1:22 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

If two princes ask you for a playdate?? Serious? Pretty bad. . .

 
At July 18, 2008 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

god her voice just melts me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter