I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, June 26, 2008

cut out all the ropes and let me fall



Absolutely jawdropping. This made the back of my scalp feel hot and tingly when I watched it, and the breakdown at the end always stabs me full in the gut.

The whole Blogotheque/Take Away Shows session with Bon Iver is definitely worth some of your time today. Bon Iver plays Outside Lands in August.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At June 26, 2008 11:47 AM, Blogger Bodie Johnson said...

Oh lordy! I have watched this Skinny Love video well over 5 times on blogoteque the past few days. It's right up there with the Arcade Fire in the elevator and Beirut's street performances.

 
At June 26, 2008 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bet that guy barking over your shoulder was really annoying!

 
At June 26, 2008 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is an amazing song but I am not entirely sold on Mr. Iver yet.

 
At June 26, 2008 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am- wish my damn intertubes worked properly so I could watch this...

 
At June 27, 2008 8:36 AM, Blogger kevin said...

Great video, but I do not know if it can top sufjan stevens playing on the roof with the wind blowing fiercely in the background.

 
At June 27, 2008 11:04 PM, Blogger Trini said...

I love this man! We can't stop raving about him at You Crazy Dreamers. I met him when he was in LA, just a nice guy.

 
At June 28, 2008 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, thanks for turning me onto this Heather! This song is just so moving!! I had to check out the other songs on this album and they are so soulful, I had to purchase the album!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter