I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Monday, May 19, 2008

New Monolith acts announced and a new contest :: Win a weekend pass to the festival!

News this fine Monday morning from the craggy hills of Red Rocks -- the 2008 Monolith Festival just added twenty-two hot new acts to an already airtight lineup.

New Monolith additions include:
Atmosphere, Hercules and Love Affair, Foals, Does it Offend You, Yeah? Port O’Brien, Pomegranates, Colour Revolt, KaiserCartel, Candy Coated Killahz, Jukebox the Ghost, American Bang, The Chain Gang of 1974, Joshua Novak, Erin Ivey, The Wheel, Paperbird, Noah Harris, Lynsey Smith, Scratch Track, David Moore, LoveLikeFire, and Dave Beegle
.

Add these to the complete listing that will now be rockin the 'Rado on September 13th and 14th.

Now each of us Hot Freaks partner blogs is getting a chance to give away some passes to the festival, in addition to our work in helping curate the lineup! So I've got a new contest that starts today and runs for ONE WEEK (til May 26).

Two lucky Fuel/Friends readers will each win a weekend pass for the Monolith 2008 Festival (a $110 value)! To enter, you must do a little clickety-click research and find out what the original purchase price of the Red Rocks land cost the city of Denver back in 1927.

EMAIL ME your answer with a subject line of "Hey Heather, I Wanna Buy You A Beer At Monolith" (or something to that effect, that'd be grand). Don't leave it in the comments, please, or you'll wreck the whole illustrious trivia vision.

I'll pick two readers randomly from all the correct answers received. For those that won't get the passes (but you're all winners in my book), tickets are onsale now.

One band added to the lineup today is Sub Pop-signed Oxford art school dropouts the Foals, who we've mentioned before because they get us movin. One of the Monolith organizers DJ Hot To Death (I call him Fecher) worked up a special remix of the Foals song "Electric Bloom" in honor of the occasion today. The world premiere:

Electric Bloom (Hot To Death remix) - The Foals

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At May 19, 2008 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dope Remix, Yo

 
At May 19, 2008 10:47 AM, Blogger eriktmpls said...

Sweet remix. I have to admit, the Foals get me dancing as well. Here is a link to my review of their 7th Street show in Minneapolis. Read it if you have the time or are interested. Cheers.

wordstosell.vox.com/library/post/foals-7th-street-entry.html

 
At May 19, 2008 11:15 PM, Blogger raintoday said...

So I have never commented before on any music blog, but I'd just like to mention that I'm both a huge Pearl Jam and indie fan and it warms the cockles of my heart to find someone else that is obsessive about Pearl Jam, yet still appreciates indie. It seems kinda rare. Thank you kindly for the fabulous service you are providing me. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter