I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, May 22, 2008

New from The Blakes: "Basket"

As we've mentioned before, The Blakes hail from Seattle and have this cool amped up retro-punk vibe going on, recommended for fans of groups like the Redwalls, or perhaps the Strokes. This catchy new song is one of six from the live iTunes EP that was recorded when the band was in San Francisco recently. It's got a bright surf vibe with a driving beat, and laments that fact that she left him in a basket and that it's not so hard to do. So maybe they are also an exceptionally tiny & portable band.

Basket - The Blakes

BUY: the new 6-song Live EP on iTunes

Labels:

1 Comments:

At June 01, 2008 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met the Blakes when we played a show together in Port Townsend, WA with our former band. I thought they were assholes ... but then I later found out they were flipping attitude because of reasons that I might not disclose in a public forum ... haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter